+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't stop thinking about this girl...

Can't stop thinking about this girl...

I'm new here, but I am in really desperate need of advice. So anyway here is my situation:

I go to college and in one of my classes there was this girl that something about her I really started to like. I know her name and everything but I never had the opportunity/never had the courage to talk to her. Then summer came and I figured with not being around her I would just forget about her and I could move on with my life. Well just the opposite happened. I can not stop thinking about her, but I have no idea what to do because it's easily possible I will never see her again (I go to a pretty big school). I just can't take it anymore and I feel like I have to take some sort of action because I just cannot seem to move on and forget about her.
    I've thought about potential options and here is what I came up with (I am aware some of them could come across as weird and creepy):
    1. Hope that she is somehow in one of my classes in future semesters and talk to her then (It's easily possible she won't be so this is not a guaranteed option)
    2. Somehow contact her through the internet. Our school has directory that made her phone number and email address accessible to me so I could either send her an anonymous text, email her, or send her a facebook message (If i did any of these I would just be totally honest in the message and basically tell her everything I said here, not sure if that would be the best route to take or not). I know that all these could come across as creepy but I don't know what else I could do.

I'm looking for any advice anyone has, be it something new I could try or advice on something I've already said.
    Thanks in advance

I would facebook her, and say, "hey! was just playing on FB, and found you! How's your summer going? Do you plan on taking another (whatever the class was)?

Do NOT open with your crush - it's creepy, and you will come off like a stalker.

Play it cool like you just happened to find her, and go from there.

I've been in the exact same situation before. I never regretted contacting the people. Even if I didn't hear back or they weren't interested, it gave me closure so I could move on. Otherwise, I would spend years obsessing about the guy.

The only regret I have is that the first time I contacted somebody this way, I was pretty honest about just how much I was thinking of them. It must have really scared the poor guy. I still get embarrassed remembering the e-mail I sent him, and it's nearly twenty years later. I learned from that experience that I need to tone it down.

I like the suggestion you got from the previous poster. Facebook is good because a lot of people like to have a huge friend network, so you're contacting her wouldn't even seem that odd. It's fine if you want to tell her you sought her out, but keep it short and simple. You can say something such as, "I was just remembering you as you always seemed like an interesting person that I'd want to get to know." Don't mention that you're thinking about her non-stop as that may creep her out. Good luck!
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

You're a beta lol..

If so, you don't really deserve her lol..