+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't stop thinking about a girl

Can't stop thinking about a girl

Hi

I'm 14 and I can't stop thinking about a friend at my school. I don't necessarily want to get intimate, I just want to be with her and admire her. It's as if she's a goddess, I'm spellbound to her. I really don't know what to do or what I want to do but it feels to me that she is almost an angel. I try to push her outbof my head if we fall out but I can't. I find it horrible not seeing her - if anyhthing happened to her I don't know what I would do. What's up with me why do I feel so strongly to this girl?

Its natural for a teen to be attracted to the opposite sex...so dont feel wrong about it just yet. Being that you are so young, you might want to check yourself before you get in too deep with it...you still have a long ways before you can start falling in love!

How close are you as friends? Is this girl like a mutual friend or a we see each other across the hallways kind of friend?

Be careful...your still young... Id hate for you to become broken so early...

We've been very close friends for about 2 1/2 years. I don't know if I want to keep us as friends or try get some thing together because I find it very difficult if we fall out and don't talk to each other (although when we make up it's usually because we both miss being friends). I really like her but I don't want to be with her just cause 'she's fit', I enjoy her company alot and i reapect her , and as I'm just coming to the age where relationships bwcome important I feel this as a good point if i'm ever going to get anywhere with her. Should I just wait it out and see what happens soon and just try be myself instead of following stupid tie like 'always make eye contact'? I don't really want to be with anyone else. It's pretty much her or nobody for me.

Mindless sheep we shall be, for thee, my queen, for thee!

It's called a crush, and really it's nothing more than a romaticized reaction to a chemical process in your brain. You're 14, this is normal. Either you talk to her about it, or you had better start practicing your endurance exercises as holding that torch will get ever so tiresome.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

So I gotta do something about it ?

You don't have to do anything about it, but I'd suggest doing something :p

If shes a pretty close friend, trying to ask her out shouldn't be all that bad. If shes interested, then great, see what happens from there. If shes not interested, then *hopefully* she'll be straight forward and not string your emotions around.

When I was in high school, I had a loong stream of rejections, which was both a good and bad thing at the same time. Rejections by default aren't good ;p, but the experience is something that helped me grow as a person, I believe.

Long story short, if your feelings for her are strong, then try it out mate.

I think you're right, teeya. When I get back to school I will just go for it and see what happens. I'm not good at getting my emotions out though. I get very embarrased and turn into a tomato. Do I have anything to be embarrased about? I often think during my 'alone times' where I just step back and have a real think about life, why do we feel embarrased? It's quite straight forward, it's just thinking the person is attractive and you want to be around them, but people take it the wrong way and they aren't happy, I would take it as a compliment...anyway the point being I shouldn't be scared to let her know?

When you say "let her know" I assume you mean just express interest in her and try to spend more time with her.

Do NOT say anything like "I just want to be with her and admire her. It's as if she's a goddess, I'm spellbound to her. I really don't know what to do or what I want to do but it feels to me that she is almost an angel. I try to push her out of my head if we fall out but I can't. I find it horrible not seeing her - if anything happened to her I don't know what I would do." Save that for your marriage proposal ten years from now!

By the way, it's not a great idea to put her or any girl on such a pedestal. Girls get bored with guys who do that. To you, she may be all those things ... but to the rest of the world, she is just a normal human mortal girl that you have a crush on. Just show your interest and treat her with respect. Girls DO like that.

Carl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be optimistic, but don't get your hopes up too high. Lots of girls in that age range are not allowed to have boyfriends.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It was quite late at night when I asked this question and in the morning I realised what a dick I sounded. basically I enjoy being with her and I like it when it's just us. If I was going to get with someone else it would be unlikely and I feel the way Its going im getting nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Be optimistic, but don't get your hopes up too high. Lots of girls in that age range are not allowed to have boyfriends.
    I doubt I'd be letting my daughter date at 14.

Bring on the shotguns.
    I don't chase, I replace.