+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met the most wonderful man, but he has baggage... Should I continue on this path?

Met the most wonderful man, but he has baggage... Should I continue on this path?

I have met the most wonderful man and we have fallen completely in love. It's been 3 months and the chemistry is amazing... Have not felt like this for many years.. I am 37. I met him most unexpectedly, a month after I had broken up with a guy who I had been with for a year...

BUT....

He has an angry ex-wife..... two kids.... and alot of financial issues... I have never been married or had a child of my own... I feel for his situation and he says he does not want to lose me for anything as he knows I am special... So he tells me we will work it all out...

What should I do? Walk away even though I love him dearly and he loves me??? Confused and scared.. appreciate your comments....

depends if you wanna be with this guy in the long term.

There are so many things to consider, like if you see yourself marrying this guy, having kids with him etc, where will this 'second' family fit in? there will always be the angry wife in his life and also his responsibility and love for his kids from his first marriage.

It isn't unlikely that in these cases there would be a bit of a tug of war between the 2 of you (ex wife).

Whilst considering all this might seem like a chore at such a great stage in the relationship, it would be wise to consider these nonetheless.

On the other hand, you could do your best to stay out of that side of things whilst still offering him your love and emotional support.