+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wonderful man, but can I handle the baggage?

Wonderful man, but can I handle the baggage?

Met an incredible man. Have not felt like this in years! Chemistry is amazing. But has baggage that I am not sure if I can handle. He is separated for 9 years and has two kids. Financially he has nothing. In fact he is in major debt. Also to top things off, a very nasty ex-wife. She speaks to him like dirt and know that eventually I will not be able to hold back. Cant sit there and let someone talk to my wonderful man in that way. I have never been married and have a great job and am financial stable. He has promised me that we will work things through as he knows I am special.

Do I take this path for love. Or do I stop it now..... Do I deserve better? Confused and would appreciate your feedback.

Hmm.. depends on how serious he is.

Separated for 9 years and his ex is still bitching at him? WTF is her problem? And WTF is his problem?

I mean: why doesn't he tell her to shut the hell up and start treating him with respect. And don't give me this: to keep the peace because of the kids bullshit.

Does this guy have a backbone?

Debts are workable, but he has to be willing to work them. Don't support him financialy, that's for sure.

He's gota work his own problems. You can't help him there. What I mentioned is something he has to take care of himself, for himself, so he grows some self esteem there.

Maybe have a long, decent talk with him, before you decide anything.

Hope I'm making sense here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chemistry wears off, but kids and an ex-wife last forever. The debt alone would have made me rethink this, but with the additional burdens? No.