+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Average age here?

Average age here?

Ok, I'm new here; as in just signed up today. Some of these posts are interesting/entertaining and some I have to think "wtf?"

My questions are as follows:
    1) What are the ages of people here? If I have legit. questions, I'd rather a 16 year not help me out, no offense.
    2) Is there anyway of telling if a poster is a guy or girl? Sometimes I'd like a Ladies point of view.

I'm in my mid thirties and male btw. thanks!

hi, welcome

I donīt know the average but I know my age.. Iīm 20 going on 21 in October
    and Iīm girl
    but I have the same problem as you... sometimes I donīt know if they are boys or girls, but you can ask
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

There are all ages represented, from I think around 14 to the upper 50s. (I am in your age range and female.) Lots of posters list their ages in their profiles - just click on their name to access this info. I try to guage a poster's age before responding to a question because sometimes posters are quite young, and also take with a grain of salt those whose youth is apparent in their responses. Have fun.

well, that's a little discriminative.

Age doesn't have to do with anything...There's 16 year olds who've probably experienced the same, if not more, things as you. As long as we know what we're talking about..who the **** cares about age?

-your loving know-it-all 16 year old.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

This is coming from a 16 year old....

Come on...I really don't feel like having the "I'm 16 and I know EVERYTHING!" discussion again...it's been done over and over to the point that it is getting old.

YES age has EVERYTHING to do with it.

NO you will not agree with me, because you are "different" and "experienced".

YES your advice and outlook on just about EVERYTHING will be different depending on age.

YES you look at life in a totally different perspective when you are 26+.

YES we all thought the exact same way you "youngsters" did.

The difference? Some 26+ year olds never grew up and still think they are in High School. That's it. No 16 year old can have an intellectually stimulating conversation with me. It is virtually impossible.

You all fill your little heads with this ridiculous outlook on life that is based on stupid teen magazines, MTV, chick flick movies, Emo, the trendy flavor of the month bullshit, and have no idea what REAL life is all about. I don't care what you have been through. Where you have been. What you have done. There is nothing different or special about you, so stop trying to think that there is.

P.S. Your "experiences" in life don't make you who you are, so stop flaunting the "I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT ALL!!!1" nonsense as if it carries some form of extra merit with your level of maturity.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

well i was kidding about the knowing it all and wasn't really referring to myself.

but yes cybog. sorry for stepping out of line. -sigh-

Ok; didn't want to start a war here; but speaking as a 30-something man, age/experience>all. Sorry, but true.

Anyway, some younger guys/gals can learn from these forums. Wish to God I had one when I was younger.

Sooo...all that being said, what sordid little matter brings you here, Llyod? I just come here to flirt with the girls...and, maybe, every now and again, say a few words that seem to make people's eyes cross.
    Speak less. Say more.

I have a question, but will have to get into it tomorrow. Market's almost closing here, gotta work 'ya know.

Flirting sounds good though. Any cuties here?

-gasp-

there's a girl in the gallery that looks alright that i've never seen post here before. indulge yourself.

Tone Guest
    It's not to say you can't learn something from someone younger too. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

I think it would be foolish to "ban" anyone 16 years old from your posts or think they can't possibly give you something to think about. Or maybe point out somethin you didn't see... yeah it's true they don't have the same life experience, but doesn't mean they can't give you some kind of insight.

Yeah most the time they are annoying, but every now and then you get some good ones who's opinion you can respect. At the very least just read their advice, roll your eyes, then move on and don't come in here and be disrespectful telling them there is nothing they could possibly add that you couldn't already think of. If that's the case then take your problem, wait a year, then use all the knowledge you get every year you grow older and solve it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    P.S. Your "experiences" in life don't make you who you are, so stop flaunting the "I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT ALL!!!1" nonsense as if it carries some form of extra merit with your level of maturity.
    I dunno if I completely agree with that though. Those very experiences you go through in life help you learn, and how you react to those experiences are what help define who you are.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    It's not to say you can't learn something from someone younger too. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

I think it would be foolish to "ban" anyone 16 years old from your posts or think they can't possibly give you something to think about. Or maybe point out somethin you didn't see... yeah it's true they don't have the same life experience, but doesn't mean they can't give you some kind of insight.

Yeah most the time they are annoying, but every now and then you get some good ones who's opinion you can respect. At the very least just read their advice, roll your eyes, then move on and don't come in here and be disrespectful telling them there is nothing they could possibly add that you couldn't already think of. If that's the case then take your problem, wait a year, then use all the knowledge you get every year you grow older and solve it yourself.

O.O...amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone

Did I say anything about banning them? NO. Read my post better. I think older people's experience can help the younger ones and myself better. That's all. Maybe there was a place where I could check ages or something.

Geez. There's one on every message board...

Tone Guest
    I didn't mean ban literally, that's why I put the " " around it. You said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    If I have legit. questions, I'd rather a 16 year not help me out, no offense.
    which is what I meant by "ban" - basically you don't want them to help.

Another thing to think about - is how many of us repeat mistakes? Sometimes it can actually help us non-teenagers to hear the teenagers talk about what they experience and go through to remind us what it was like when we went through it... Freshin it up, so to speak.

All I'm saying is not only can us "older" people's experiences help the younger ones, but the younger people can also give a refreshing, different perspective on our situations. Just have more an open mind about it, isntead of writing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Geez. There's one on every message board...
    One what?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast