+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just average...

Just average...

OK.. I have another one. Ladies, how would this comment have made you feel?

You're at a steam bath naked with a guy you've been dating for about 2.5 months. The topic of nudist colonies comes up. He says "I've never been interested in going to one. There are only going to be average people like you and me there."
    Last edited by nebulachich; 31-01-05 at 10:32 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you're looking too deeply into this...

So it's not rude to tell the new person you're dating that they're body is average and it's not the kind of thing you'd pay $ to see?

I didn't know it costed money to live in a nudist colony. I'm sure it's just normal pay, except your area is secluded. By the way: If a guy said that to a girl, he is an idiot. I would of said something more along the lines of.... "So, almost 3 months...are you going to start putting out?"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulachich
    So it's not rude to tell the new person you're dating that they're body is average and it's not the kind of thing you'd pay $ to see?
    It's only rude cause you're making it out to be. I mean, unless he constantly refers to you as average I don't see what the big deal is.

How lame is this.

You don't date strippers and take them out to dinner, then introduce them to your family. This actually happens to about 0.0008% of all American guys in America.

So guess what lady - Stop thinking that just because he says he doesn't want to pay money to go to some sausage festival and look at old people with wrinkly skin doesn't mean he doesn't think you are hot.

Damn women and their insecurities. Stop worrying so much about what you think this guy thinks of you, or how you think HE thinks you look. A relationship is about being yourself, not impressing someone. So can the friggin translation requests and just be yourself. If he doesn't like that - Tough shit. He can find a different chick.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

If he WANTS to see and be with a Pam Anderson type, why is he dating me? Oh wait.. let me guess. In all actuality, he CAN'T date a Pam Anderson type so he has to settle for me. How comforting. So most men are just cowards then. They want to be with a particular type of woman but are too chicken to go for it so they settle for someone else.... all the while fantasizing about better women and thinking low of the s/o they have. Lovely. COWARDICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    COWARDICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So does insecurity.

If he WANTS to see and be with a Pam Anderson type, why is he dating me? Oh wait.. let me guess. In all actuality, he CAN'T date a Pam Anderson type so he has to settle for me. How comforting. So most men are just cowards then. They want to be with a particular type of woman but are too chicken to go for it so they settle for someone else.... all the while fantasizing about better women and thinking low of the s/o they have. Lovely. COWARDICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It must suck being you. All of this pent up anger and frustration over guys and sex. I wonder what started it all....

just because i'd like to **** a certain type of woman doesn't mean i'd want to BE with one.
    my opinion is better than yours.

You might dream of being with a Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp or whoever but that doesnt mean the by dating this guy, youre just settling for him cos you cant get what you really want, right? The same goes for him and the Pamela Anderson stereotype.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

To be honest, I would have been insluted if a guy said that to me....but lets face it, guys often don't engage their brain before opening their mouth (no offence, sure all you guys on here are tactfull and sensitive at all times!!), and he did say "you and me", so it wasn't meant as an insult..if he'd have said "average people like you", then I would have drowned him there and then!
    Us girls read into things much too often (I'm the worlds worst for that), when I was with my partner I loved him for him, not for what he looked like...sure good looking guys (sometimes better looking) gave me the come-on, but I was never intersted...looking was as far as it went for me.
    Remember, you are a PERSON (not a body) who he has choosen to be with, if he just wanted a good body...well thats what magazines and videos are for!

>>>>>>It must suck being you. All of this pent up anger and frustration over guys and sex. I wonder what started it all....

His lying started it all. I used to be confident, love sex and trust people. But when you've been demeaned and lied to it tends to have an effecft... SORRY!!!

If you've been lied to (sans little white lies), demeaned, why are you still with him? If it's only been 2.5 months then that's a whole lot of love I see in the future, especially when small comments that seem to have such a impact...

Why are you with someone who does that to you
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast