+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would a guy friend call me his 'future wifey'?

Why would a guy friend call me his 'future wifey'?

We had a brief romance but it ended before it progressed into anything serious as he told me that his main priority at the time was his business. I was fine with that, we remained friends and he has since relocated overseas for work. I have not seen him for over a year now but he would send fb messages to check up on me every now and again. In recent months however, he's been saying things like he loves me, appreciates me and most recently called me 'future wifey'. He even suggested a holiday in the Phillipines together. I'm really confused because i thought we were just friends now. Why is he behaving this way? Why would a guy call me his 'future wifey' if we aren't even in a relationship? Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks

Ask him, it's that easy. Say, " do you want more than friendship with me, because you are dropping hints you do?" so what's going on?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

He is being flirtatious, and probably stringing you along as well. If he lives overseas and has told you he wants to focus on business, then I would listen to that. He probably likes the attention he gets from you, and clearly you did have a connection, so he continues to act flirtatious because it's comfortable for him to do so.
    "Caring is not an advantage."