+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't he talk about sex on the phone anymore?

Why won't he talk about sex on the phone anymore?

I've been with my BF for nearly two years and we live 2 hours away from each other. We are both quite young (early to mid 20's) and there are no plans for us to move closer in the near future. Due to work we only get to see each other once or twice a month. When we do see each other things are great both in and out the bed room. We usually talk on the phone each day to check in with each other and I love him very much.
    I do miss having him with me both physically and emotionally. At the beginning of the relationship we used technology to keep the heat going (photos, Skype, texts etc) however this has gradually decrease over the past 6months. Whenever I attempt to instigate anything I either get a change in conversation or a joke in response. When I then express my frustration he tends to turn it around so I feel stupid for bringing it up. It's hard not to feel rejected and it's a bit bitter sweet when he instigates anything as I then feel weak for always giving him what he wants without a second thought.

Do I have unrealistic expectations? I just want some form of intimacy and to keep the fire burning so to speak. It's really getting me down and effecting my confidence.

Sorry for the essay and thankyou for reading x

Quite a lot of young men get bored very, very easily but would then not tell you their true feelings. I have a friend with the same problem. Ill keep you updated with any more relevant information she shares.

Thankyou. That would be great

Quote Originally Posted by GG94 View Post
    Thankyou. That would be great
    the best advice I can give anyone is that love is like a game of chess, there is no even distribution of the "power" one or the other holds it. Try and look at your situation and strategize, to see how that you can regain the upper hand.

Maybe he no longer lives alone, did he get a room mate since he stopped sex chatting? Someone is around and might be why he won't talk sex or skype sex. Ask him? Maybe would be good for you to show up at his place unannounced and see for yourself, a surprise visit.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

He lives in a shared house however so do I and that has been the case for the duration of our relationship. I trust him completely and feel that turning up unannounced would be like I'm checking up on him. I don't want to play games. Unfortunately I just think the distance and lack of contact is effecting us. Thank you for all the replies and another perspective.