+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help needed...

Help needed...

Well, I have a looong painful story ahead and i would really appreciate it if you read it all, and helped me get through this hard time in my life. thanks in advance.

So, Lets rewind...
    Well, about two years ago, i met a girl. I instantly had a crush on her, but nothing really became of it. I knew her, but not much more.

Now, fast forward until about 8 months ago. We become really good friends, and i still have a huge crush on her. (im in high school by the way, dont judge me) We start talking on the phone and texting. Everything is going well. Right?

Wrong

She is leaving for costa rica for 6 months to be an exchange student.

So at her going away party, she starts showing so affection towords me. We snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. One of the happiest times of my entire life. Until, she left to go out side with another guy, and i stayed and watched a movie. She showed little enthusiasm to me for the rest of the night, so i thought it safe to leave a little early. Right? (I was hanging out with her tomorrow anyway.)

That turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life.

Well, i hang out with her the next day and say goodbye (its her last day here.) Give her a hug and watch a girl i have strong feelings for, walk away...

about 10 minutes later, i get a text from her explaining how she likes me alot, and was going to make out with me that last half hour that i left. There was nothing i could do. She was leaving and i was screwed.

I talked to her online. she sent me pictures of her in costa rica writing "I <3 U" in the sand and "I miss you!" I knew long distance relationships rarely work out, but i didnt care.

The last text message she even sent me was a drawing saying "Always and Foreva <3 [insert girls name here]" For nearly 8 months now that has been my desktop background.

I talk to her as much as i can online, and look up at the moon everynight just thinking that maybe she was looking at it too.

We also had a song (that also makes me cry every time i hear it no matter who im with.) that i sung to myself EVERYNIGHT that she was away. No matter who i was with. I cried my self to sleep, wondering what that day she gets back is going to be like...

Fast Forward until about 4 months ago.
    She says she doesn't want to continue this relationship while shes there because it ruins the expierence of being there. We should just be friends like old times, and talk about everything again. I say thats fine, and we continue talking about what we normally would if we weren't going out. I still sing to myself at night, and wake up in the middle of the night just to cry myself asleep again.

Fast Forward to about three months ago
    I get a picture from her...
    She sent me a picture of her and another guy making out. Now, she did not do this to rub it in or be mean by any reason. She though i was over her, and i didnt care. She was wrong, and although i didnt show it then. I was completely crushed on the inside. My life literally went straight down the drain. Every waking moment felt like a blade had gone straight through my heart, and my grades started to decline. All i could think about was her. Often times i would have to excuse myself to the restroom just to cry...

Fast forward to 1.5 months ago.
    Shes back.
    I'm not over her and still would do anything for her. But because we are just friends, idk what to do. We start talking times on the phone late at night, and texting each other. Even hanging out at her house.

but recently, she started showing alot of intrest. we agreed to go to homecoming together. however, she still wanted me to actualy ask her so she could say yes. So, i took this time to ask her out. I left a note in her car, and the next day i approached her. Got a hug and walked her to her next class. She said "hey! did i actually say yes or no yet?"
    Me:"no...not yet..."
    her:"Well, YES!"
    that night was the first night in 8 months that i didnt cry myself to sleep. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, and NOT crying. That was the happiest moment in my entire life. Knowing that the girl of your dreams has agreed to go out with you.

the next day on AIM, she says
    "I've decided that we cant be together, and i didnt really think about it. I love you and would normally go out with you in a second, but that means i have to tell [costa ricans name here] that i dont want him anymore...and ive cried alot just over him so, I'm sorry"

Thats right. She blew me off for some costa rican. He is comming to the USA in december for a week, and she doesnt want to be too close to me when he does.

I've come to the conclusion that i loved this girl. IDC what anybody says about me being young, i loved her. And to feel and no that fact that she would rather spend a week with somebody she will never see again, than you for three months until he comes is just so painful.

however she also said she wants to continue after he comes for a week...

I dont know what i should do. I'm always depressed and i would literally do anything just to go out with this girl. All i want is for her to love me like i love her. Should i wait til december? Please, its not easy to express my feelings like this, so any help is really appreciated.
    Last edited by VeeDub; 19-09-08 at 01:08 PM.

DUDE! the only thing you can do is try and cut off... if shes decided that its not what she wants, you have to be a 'man' about it and walk away. i was in a v similar situation a year or so ago... IF you and her are meant to be, she will come back to you. Then the ball is in your court and you can decide whats best for you. The best thing for you to do is [imo] cut your ties and walk away. its hard, and i know you actually just want to be with her, but its better in the long run.
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

Quote Originally Posted by psydex View Post
    DUDE! the only thing you can do is try and cut off... if shes decided that its not what she wants, you have to be a 'man' about it and walk away. i was in a v similar situation a year or so ago... IF you and her are meant to be, she will come back to you. Then the ball is in your court and you can decide whats best for you. The best thing for you to do is [imo] cut your ties and walk away. its hard, and i know you actually just want to be with her, but its better in the long run.
    Thanks, but that seems so hard.

She was previously my best friend, so I would be loosing soooo much in the process. But, if thats what i have to do... I guess i gotta give it a shot.