+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 & help needed

15 & help needed

I am very shy & around a month ago, my best friend (a girl), told me that another one of her friends really liked me. This very girl I had really liked ever since going up to high school.

My bezzy reccommended I should text her, just to introduce myself to her, so I did. Later on, she replied, & we had a long text conversation & got to know each other a little bit.

The weekend passed & she texted me one night, but I was unable to reply being it too late. The next night I texted her to say it was too late to text back, & she replied saying how ''sweet'' & ''cute'' I was.

About a week went of constant text conversations & we got to know each other really well, & we were talking at school.

Me & my bezzy were talking, & she said that I had to cut down on the ''friends'' talk, & start getting more ''flirty'' to proceed to a possible relationship. She composed a message for me, saying I though she was pretty, then I sent it.

She replied saying that she didn't think I thought of her in ''that'' way, & I proceeded in telling her how pretty I thought she was.

We carried on texting & talking, for weeks & One night she said she was ugly in which she definitely isn't. Again, I told her how pretty she was, & then took the plunge into asking her to the school prom. She said yes & how she would love to.

Again we carried on, until I finally had the guts to ask her on a date to the cinema. We went & she did call it a ''date''. Afterwards, she told me how much she enjoyed it & would love to do something like that again.

A week later, we went christmas shopping together, & later that night I texted her to tell her how beautiful she looked. She replied saying thankyou, but sorry because she doesn't think of me in that way.

I told my bezzy & she said ''S*** happens''.

What the hell is going on?

15 & help needed

I am very shy & around a month ago, my best friend (a girl), told me that another one of her friends really liked me. This very girl I had really liked ever since going up to high school.

My bezzy reccommended I should text her, just to introduce myself to her, so I did. Later on, she replied, & we had a long text conversation & got to know each other a little bit.

The weekend passed & she texted me one night, but I was unable to reply being it too late. The next night I texted her to say it was too late to text back, & she replied saying how ''sweet'' & ''cute'' I was.

About a week went of constant text conversations & we got to know each other really well, & we were talking at school.

Me & my bezzy were talking, & she said that I had to cut down on the ''friends'' talk, & start getting more ''flirty'' to proceed to a possible relationship. She composed a message for me, saying I though she was pretty, then I sent it.

She replied saying that she didn't think I thought of her in ''that'' way, & I proceeded in telling her how pretty I thought she was.

We carried on texting & talking, for weeks & One night she said she was ugly in which she definitely isn't. Again, I told her how pretty she was, & then took the plunge into asking her to the school prom. She said yes & how she would love to.

Again we carried on, until I finally had the guts to ask her on a date to the cinema. We went & she did call it a ''date''. Afterwards, she told me how much she enjoyed it & would love to do something like that again.

A week later, we went christmas shopping together, & later that night I texted her to tell her how beautiful she looked. She replied saying thankyou, but sorry because she doesn't think of me in that way.

Could you re-write this in english?

It sounds like you need to stop talking like a baby when communicating, and they were using you for attention.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

She changed her mind. She's allowed to do that. The entire point of dating is to find the person you want to be with. She decided that it wasn't you. That's too bad, but it won't be the last time. You moved very, very slowly with her when she wanted you. This is generally taken to mean that you're not interested, which makes her not interested. Confidence is attractive. Be glad that she was up front with you about it, be sad for a week or two, and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It sounds like you need more substance in order to keep a girl's interest, my friend. It's nice to be told we are pretty, but that isn't enough to make for a relationship. Anyway, don't take it too hard - EVERYONE goes through this, and we get better at it with practice.

BTW - I hope you can get out of taking her to the prom. It's too expensive a date to be wasted on someone who is just a friend. I suggest you save the formal dances for girls you have already established a relationship with.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am very shy & around a month ago, my best friend [My Bezzy](a girl), told me that another one of her friends really liked me. This very girl I had really liked ever since going up to high school.

My bezzy reccommended I should text message her, just to introduce myself to her, so I did. Later on, she replied, & we had a long text message conversation & got to know each other a little bit.

The weekend passed & she text messaged me one night, but I was unable to reply being it too late. The next night I texted her to say it was too late to text back, & she replied saying how ''sweet'' & ''cute'' I was.

[ Sorry, I've been told I'm slightly illiterate, being perfectly honest]

Thanks Vashti. The proms not a problem because it's a school one, & it's $20 per person, so i won't have to pay anything on her behalf.

Can you explain more ''substance'' please?

Cheers x

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I mean that thinking someone is attractive isn't enough to make a relationship. You need to have common interests, physical attraction, common goals, need to enjoy each other's company above all others... things like that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Her new reaction makes absolutely no sense, so I assume there must be a third party in the background ... either another guy she likes showing interest or a meddlesome friend either trying to talk her out of it, or telling her it's better to play hard to get.

Even a flaky 15 year old girl doesn't accept a prom date just to turn around and say "sorry, I don't think of you that way" a few weeks later.

Confront her on it.

Carl.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha! As the mother of a 15 year old girl, I can tell you for sure that they indeed ARE capable of being that flaky.

She probably just got caught up in the excitement of having a boy pay attention to her, and realized (too late) that she wasn't as interested as she thought she would be.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Haha! As the mother of a 15 year old girl, I can tell you for sure that they indeed ARE capable of being that flaky.
    I will defer to your experience, vashti.

But I would still confront her ... it's never too soon for her to learn that there are consquences to her capriciousness, even if that capriciousness is unintended and out of her control. In this case, it's a boy she hurt and angered. It may make her a bit more cautious and less selfish in the future if he calls her on it. And it may actually make him more attractive to her!

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 20-12-08 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I mean that thinking someone is attractive isn't enough to make a relationship. You need to have common interests, physical attraction, common goals, need to enjoy each other's company above all others... things like that.
    Well, I've been invited into her house & stuff, as well as walked her home & chatted many times. We really got to know each other, & we both do have lots of common interests. It just seemed all too much for her to turn round & say that she doesn't like me in that way.

To my knowledge, there isn't any third party, as my best friend is also her good friend. My best friend is ALWAYS very straight with me & 100% speaks the truth, so she definitely would have told me if there was another boy. But my friends don't find her attractive, although I do. Plus, if there was another boy, it would be logic for her to turn down my prom date, with the possibilty of her being asked by him. She didn't.

It just seemed all far too good between us for her to say she doesn't like me in that way. Even my best friend said theres good chemistry between us.

So what needs to be done, & in what way?. I really have no clue.

Cheers x

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    i think she's just immature....hence she's not worth your time. period.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    i think she's just immature....hence she's not worth your time. period.
    He's 15, bo ... what girl his age ISN'T immature?

Carl.

My friend's just told me to forget about her, she's just playing with me, & just thinks its a game.

My mum's told me just to keep talking to her & be friendly, it'll work out in the end.

I know people of our age are immature, so it's time for me to start again with someone who actually likes me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast