+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would he still text all day if he had lost feelings?

Would he still text all day if he had lost feelings?

My bf of four months (and friend for longer) broke up with me saying he wasn't ready for a relationship. I was completely shocked because he was always sweet to me, texting me all throughout the day (even up to minutes before he broke up with me!), asking me about my life and opinions and interests, doing me favors, listening, etc. Would he do all that if he had lost feelings for me? I ask because we're both in high school and his family is very close and strict and seemed to be trying to pull us apart. Thank you!

Yes... he was still just viewing you as a platonic friend so he did what he's always done.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yes... he was still just viewing you as a platonic friend so he did what he's always done.
    ^We weren't platonic friends we were dating and only texted that much as a couple

You said:
    My bofriend of four months and friend for longer
    If you were not friends then why say you were?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ^We were just friends before we started a relationship but then we became involved...so it's not like he was still only viewing me as a platonic friend...I'm confused it seemed like you were implying we were never more than just friends and I wanted it to be more...

hi, i think i have some ideas about this. it is very possible that his parents want him to focus on getting good grades and getting into a good college. high school romances can be more of an obstacle to a bright future than a help. his parents understand that the high school years are very important for future success.

we all crave love. and in high school, everyone is going through intense changes. this makes us insecure. so we think that if we had a boyfriend everything would be better. at least we will have something else to think about besides the uncertain future that is coming right after high school. in this case, we are better off to do the difficult thing and put energy into our own future, and our own learning.

this is a time when YOU need to start thinking about your future. who do you want to become as a person? what are your values? what are your passions and interests? it is very tempting to dream about having a boyfriend instead of doing the hard work of learning, and planning that is so important at this time of life.

this is a time when you want to work on becoming someone that is worthy of love and able to give love. i encourage you to use this time to enjoy your friends and plan some excellent adventures with them. maybe include this person if he is able to participate.
    life becomes very different after high school. be grateful for this time to be young and free. have as much fun as you can. and don't forget to search your heart to find out what your life purpose is.

we are all born with special gifts to give to the world. but we have to discover what those gifts are and then develop those talents so that they will help us succeed in having a fabulous life.

i hope this helps. if you would like to get a free eBook on dating and some helpful newsletters about dating and love, then please check out my website, [url=http://www.dating4women.com]Dating advice for women - dating4women.com[/url]. privacy guaranteed.

if a guy has no interest, he wouldn't text all day.