+ Follow This Topic

Thread: at a loss

at a loss

so my girlfriend and i have been dating for well over a year now. we respect each other, are kind to one another, are completely and unequivocally open and honest. we know everything there is to know about one another.

we are in a long distance relationship.

we talk on skype, using video most of the time, and generally hang out. i did plan on going to see her, but the canada customs put a stop to that because of two misdemeanors on my criminal record. i got to spend twelve wonderful and glorious hours with her, but that was it. i had to leave the next day (the officer who processed me said i could go for the night instead of being locked up).

we didnt fornicate. we just talked and slept in the same bed.

that was last december. its now march, and things havent been going well. we had some arguments before, but they seem to be growing in intensity now. i knows its stress from me not being there with her, but i cannot go see her. im going to try anyway, but that's besides the point. she cannot come see me without risking her canadian citizenship, so that's out of the question. id have to get a certificate of rehabilitation from the canadian consulate in order to enter canada. but i can only do that in a year and a half (need to have at least 5 years after the events). ive already bought tickets to go and see her. but i have to ask. am i just wasting our time? should i shatter our hearts and break things off with her? if i am unable to go see her for her graduation, then the relationship is over... i love this woman. what should i do?

With the invention of skype, we are always having face time. always video chat. the only time we dont skype is when we have to go out and do things on our own. or go to hang out with friends. we truly and genuinely enjoy each others company.

if she is getting so unhappy that she is getting bitchy now, after just 4 months of seperation.....imagine what she will be like after 1 1/2 years.

either she will have to go visit you (the citizen thing is total bs, unless she is applying for citizenship), or you two will have to call it quits.

and what is this...if you don't see her after graduation, the relationship is over. did she give you an ultimatum that you need to cross the border or else? if she did, tell her to get off her little prissy canadian ass and visit you.