+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i her rebound guy? help please.

am i her rebound guy? help please.

ok, im going to try to keep this short as possible, basically i have been dating this girl for about 2 months now, before she dated me she was with a guy for 2 years and she broke up with him approx 8 months ago because the guy treated her bad, so i started dating her 6 months after she broke up with him. Now, the thing is we have lots in common,as far as same values, goals, outlook on life, and there is STRONG chemistry BUT there are things she says and does that are erroding my trust and belief for this relationship. First of all, we are BF/GF and we are dating but she still considers herself single, second she has told me quite a couple of times "You remind me of my ex...but in a good way...but thats not why im dating you", she even told me that even though her ex was a bad guy she cant help but think about him all the time and she cant promise me 100%. THe thing is i know its obvious, i should just run right? But whenever we hang out there is just such a strong connection and i swear i get genuine feelings from her...i dont know how to put it, but i feel a connection stronger with her than any other women ive had in my life so it makes this really hard. there are days where i just want to break up with her because of the things she says but then when we hang out its almost magical. i dont know what to do or make of this, i have brought it up with her and talked to her about her ex and she told me she is over him but then she says things like i cant help but think about him every day that make me question otherwise, what should i do, any advice?

Sounds like a rebound to me. Doesn't sound totally irredeemable though, just enjoy each other's company and maybe see some other people. BF/GF and exclusivity are by mutual agreement, if she considers herself single then you aren't BF/GF. Until both parties actually say you're exclusive then assume you aren't.

I'm not a female but the exclusivity advice is universal.