+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i dont think i want to be in a relationship now. its making me upset?

i dont think i want to be in a relationship now. its making me upset?

Background info. I'm 19. Sophomore in college. Met a guy who works in the college cafe.

I thought I wanted to be in a relationship but the guy who I met Thursday night is totally rushing things and changed his relationship status to in a relationship on facebook. I kind of ignored the request for now and now I am thinking I want to be single. I knew the guy for 2 days ( 2DAYS ONLY!!!!!!!) and he thinks I'm his girlfriend without him asking me to be his girlfriend, wants to take me out to dinner, and he is being sweet but now I am kind of upset and I think I want to cry but that is lame. I'm still going to say I am single because he never asked me about being his girlfriend. He also kind of freaked me out by saying he has a foot fetish :/ plus his friend added me on facebook. I didn't know he was going to rush things I just thought he wanted a friend I feel so stupid but I didn't think he'd rush thing's.

I think I like being single. For now. I do not know what to do. Advice please? Should I ignore him all together? Delete him & his friend on facebook? Plus he freaked me out too hy calling me "sweetly" and I hats that.

I ONLY KNEW HIM TWO DAYS!!!! TWO DAYS!!!! I don't need a relationship after knowing him for two days only. I'm so upset

Tell him you are not his girlfriend and that you find it weird that he is moving so fast without talking to you. Tell him you don't want a relationship THEN delete him and his friend from facebook.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Yup. MaidenMinx got it in one.

Direct communication is what you need with him. Tell him that you aren't his girlfriend yet. If you're interested, tell him that you'd like to date for a while and see. If not, just tell him so.