+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what if after death

what if after death

I just had this really weird thought;

what if when someone dies and the doctors from all technology known nowadays to detect death pronounces death but in reality there is still a level of consciousness that has never been detectable and so one is lying there dead but is actually aware on some level but can’t indicate that they are aware! And then goes years and years in this consciousness in the coffin. Like when the pulse goes under a certain level people have in the past been pronounced dead but in actual fact weren’t dead as was later discovered…imagine if there is always a level of consciousness until every bit of brain has disintegrated or been eaten by worms. That thought has just freaked me out
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Occasional someone who is pronounced clinically dead is revived through unknown means.

Honestly, for everything we think we know about humans, theres 99% that we don't understand. The human brain is the most complex thing we will ever encounter, forget teleportation, breaking the speed of light, a cure for AIDS, all the stuff is trivial in comparison.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Unless there is some medical phenomenon, it's impossible to be alive after you've been buried since the embalming process would kill you if you weren't already dead.
    I don't chase, I replace.

cain i'm saying that the body IS dead. i'm referring to a level of consciousness that may have always gone under the radar of doctors coz the body is dead but there is a part of the brain even with modern technology that is undetectable and therefore; what if humans have spent hundreds of years just laying there not able to communicate (and will never be able or have ever been able to) and just have silence in the coffin and the odd time are aware of mumbles from visitors until finally the brain has been eaten away and then they will truly be consciously dead but a long time after they were buried. do you even think it's possible?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Why do you think there would be consciousness when the brain is physically dead with no blood being pumped to it. Do you think our thoughts and consciousness are independent of our physical bodies?

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just curious what would lead you to believe it is possible.

i'm just wondering, i have been dealing with death lately and this thought just popped into my head as i was about to go to sleep and it freaked me out.

i'm so fuking sick of death. i had a dream that i was throwing bombs at a graveyard the other night. that's how sick of death i am.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'm so fuking sick of death. i had a dream that i was throwing bombs at a graveyard the other night. that's how sick of death i am.
    How can you be sick of death when you have been alive all your life?
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 10-02-09 at 11:43 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

What IF you are gay and this thread sucks ass? and LF members have to read this spooky bullshit? Your conscious exists because the neurons are firing the information you use to think and have this conscious when you are alive, when you die those neurons in the brain stop all functions which is pretty obvious that all thought and consciousness stops as well.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

neuroscientists have said that when the mind is active, the brain produces amazing electrical storms of activity. So does this mean our minds are electrical and therefore comprised mainly of energy? If so then surely we can exist independent of our physical body. Energy can neither be destroyed nor created, this is quite a disturbing thought

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't need to worry about it. I'm going to be cremated and the ashes are going to be chucked down the garbage disposal. If anyone wastes money on a big fancy ceremony and a big expensive box just to dump my refuse into a plot of land I'm coming back to haunt them.

And if anyone feels they aren't doing enough they can take the small fortune that would have been wasted on an idiotic funeral and they can use it to help children who are alive and in need.

So yeah. If I'm still alive or conscious on some level the furnace will see to it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    What IF you are gay and this thread sucks ass?
    What?
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    What?
    ______
    I know for a fact that eco is not gay.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    I know for a fact that eco is not gay.
    Reeeally?

Hmm. That makes my mind wander all over the place.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Reeeally?

Hmm. That makes my mind wander all over the place.
    yeah, that did sound wrong. maybe she is gay for my sake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast