+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do you keep in touch with a girl you're just starting to know?

how do you keep in touch with a girl you're just starting to know?

I really like this girl, but she goes to a different college

I want to keep in touch with her, but I also don't want to be annoying. I mean I don't want to be in the way if she starts liking other guys. I'm not active on facebook, and I don't plan to. I'm not an internet fan. I mean if I get a fb, and all I do is post on her wall or write her messages, it'd be weird.

What useful advice can you give me? Keep in mind that I'm not extremely close to her, and I basically never keep in touch with any girls I know.

Texting sounds like your best bet...that or just old fashioned email.

It is hard to keep a long distance relationship going so I think all you should hope for is friends and if more comes of it great...but if not it just happens.

I agree with dewilliiams, that you can write her a email. And if your not an Internet fan at all, try to get her telephone number.
    I think your not annoying, if you show her, that you are interrested in her

Probably not email. I've had a history with her about emails, long story. I will stick with text.

She seems fond of me. After she's gone, is it OK to call her out of the blue to talk to her? Or should I ask for her permission before she leaves, like "would you like to keep in touch after you're gone?" or something like that?

Just to let you know, from what I've gone through with women, no dating girls who won't at least call on the phone. That means there's no real interest, just fleeting.

She's not fleeing me. We're good friends now. If she flees, I'd be really confused because he really has no reason to.

The thing is, I think she sees me mostly as a friend. For example, yesterday, she made it clear that she wanted her dad to pick her up from our mutual friend's house (after we hanged out). I'm not sure if she's not that comfortable with receiving favors from boys yet, or she's just very considerate and wants to save me the trouble.

In any case, I think she likes me as a friend, but I'm not sure how she feels about me otherwise. She's gone now, but I'll text her to ask her if she'd like to keep in touch.

Don't ask her whether she wants to keep in touch.

She won't say no even if she thinks no. Pointless really.

What you could rather say is something like:

'I had a brillant time with you and hope to keep in touch in spite of the fact you go to another college'

If she says 'mee too' and thats all it's no good but if she elaborates 'I would love to keept in touch/yes definetely let's try to stay in touch'...you know you'll get a feel of her feelings...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.