+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do You Agree

Do You Agree

[url=http://datingadvicefromagirl.com/10-qualities-women-want-in-men-based-on-the-notebook_26/]10 Qualities Women Want In Men - Based On “The Notebook”[/url]
    Agree or disagree
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1) grand gesture- meh sometimes but only sometimes and somethings.
    2) persistance- NO thanks.
    3) eyes for 1 woman- sadly yes... but I also know that's completely unrealistic.
    4) keeping promises- uhh that should go for ALL people.
    5) loving when it hurts- yes becasue it isn't always unicorns and fariytails, sometimes it hurts!
    6) eveolving around love? No, have a life.
    7) listener? YEAH I talk a lot.
    8) telling the truth- burying it doesn't make it go away.
    9)realists- yes because I am.
    10) committment- yes!

Yes- 7/10

Why is this in the 'ask a male' forum Sweet....it's what women want in men, not what men want in women, lol

Men seem not to know what we want.....but they could learn from this perhaps

I agree with them all I think.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    1) grand gesture- meh sometimes but only sometimes and somethings.
    2) persistance- NO thanks.
    3) eyes for 1 woman- sadly yes... but I also know that's completely unrealistic.
    4) keeping promises- uhh that should go for ALL people.
    5) loving when it hurts- yes becasue it isn't always unicorns and fariytails, sometimes it hurts!
    6) eveolving around love? No, have a life.
    7) listener? YEAH I talk a lot.
    8) telling the truth- burying it doesn't make it go away.
    9)realists- yes because I am.
    10) committment- yes!

Yes- 7/10
    2. Persistance - really?? If I don't find him attractive, I loathe persistence. However if I like him, I like him to be persistent - I interpret it as 'highly interested'.

Just me of course, everyone's different.

I disagree. Most of these qualities are also readily found in poor saps living in the Friend Zone and also in stalker-types.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

[url=http://www.practicalhappiness.com/avoid-friend-zone-with-women/]PracticalHappiness.com How to Avoid “Lets Just Be Friends” with Women and Never End Up in a Friends Zone.[/url] This is your link
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    2. Persistance - really?? If I don't find him attractive, I loathe persistence. However if I like him, I like him to be persistent - I interpret it as 'highly interested'.

Just me of course, everyone's different.
    We could be interpreting "persistance" differently. In my opinion he can only be "persistant" when I've turned him down and the proceeds to try, and try, and try... and try and try. Everytime I say no. No, I don't like that. One can't be persistant if I like you!

The kind of persistence you describe and if it's coming from a man I've turned down but who won't take the hint, I detest.

But with my last ex, I liked him a lot, but I was unsure whether I wanted anything further and because of cultural/religious differences. I kinda had doubts if it would work or not, etc. Regardless he continued to be persistent and pursued me relentlessly, always calling me, etc he didn't give up. it all kinda proved to me that he was serious about me and I decided to give it a go with him. His persistence won me over. I dare say that if he hadn't been so persistent, we wouldn't have got together.

HAHAHAHA

ya, i just read this list. good luck finding someone like that... LOL. it's almost making me laugh. The entire list is an amalgamation of romantic / female fantasies. And I'm a female, so I know what I'm talking about. This list seems like a description of Prince Charming. we women so often want contraries: persistent but not too persistent, aggressive but not too aggressive, assertive but not too assertive, romantic but not corny.. etc..
    Funny thing is almost my entire dating life has been spent like this -- judging situations based on how perfectly 'in the middle' the guy was. let me tell you something: men will never be perfect, and women will never be satisfied. All you can ask for is love, hard work and compromise.

i agree with Vincenz.. some of those qualities are downright TOO nice.. and are often found in 'friend zoned' guys.

I have to say that i actually DID find someone who only has eyes for me, which I find very sweet and endearing (and not completely unrealistic)..
    "Men who esteem themselves not because of worldly accomplishments but in the accomplishment of loving another deeply." YA YA.. I'm going to be honest. Even as a woman, I esteem myself based on my accomplishments.

on that note, I wonder if so many of us girls really fulfill the '10 things guys want in girls' list...

^Teah well, it might be what we want, but I figure it would be a cold day in hell and before we find someone like this....I never have anyway. They were mostly womanising pigs.