+ Follow This Topic

Thread: would you agree ?

would you agree ?

well do u agree when 2 fall in love knowing that both of them r from different religions and that none of them is gonna be able to change his/her religion due to some family issues ?

Why would they have to change their religion?
    Spammer Spanker

well the thing is ... it'll be hard to raise their children if he was Muslim and she was Christian (for e.g.) especially if none of them converted to the other religion... the children would be confused ...whose religion shall we follow or whatsoever ...
    i mean i really dont like it when 2 ppl r messed up like this ... but when they fall in love unexpectedly .. well..what do u think ?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should be very careful about interfaith relationships, especially since you are living in the Middle East. Even in the West, if either person is religious, or if they come from families that are very religious, there will certainly be problems. Even if they think they AREN'T religious, problems arise after marriages and babies.

How old are you, and are you Muslim or Christian, and which were you interested in dating?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutika View Post
    well do u agree when 2 fall in love knowing that both of them r from different religions and that none of them is gonna be able to change his/her religion due to some family issues ?
    I know the social policies and the dating standards over there, and I honestly don't think it's going to be much of an issue. In Lebanon, you have to be really subtle about things. I had a girlfriend up there (I was 11, and she was 15. Crazy Lebanese chicks), and everything had to be incredibly quiet.

If you two like each other, the family thing won't be too much of a problem, depending on how religious they actually are.

Are you Christian or Muslim? (Or better yet, atheist!)

I'm Christian ... He's Muslim ... but the thing is both of us have big faith in our religion.... anyways, I ended it ... we're both really uncomfortable with our decisions .. But I guess this would be the best for both.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sorry sweety, but I would have to agree. Better luck next time.
    I agree too. I was in a relationship with a guy who was Jewish and I am Christian. It was no problem at first because we were just dating and having fun. Once we got serious though, it started to be an issue. He assumed I would change my religion and give up pork, shellfish, and other meat(non-kosher) for him and go by his and only his beliefs. This pissed me off. He explained that our kids would get confused unless I did all that(which I can see his point). I NEVER asked him to consider changing his religion due to the fact that it would be hard to do after living your entire life a certain way. (His family was very religious and his dad was a rabbi.)

Sad to say, there was no compromise for us. We broke up for other reasons, but it was definately the religion issue that made me realize that THAT relationship wouldn't end up going anywhere. Sucky feeling isn't it?

I don't know what to say other then the only way it could ever work is for someone to completely change. I highly doubt a compromise would even work in this situation.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I was going to say that I grew up with my parents in different religions. My mom a Christian and my dad a Jew. My dad never followed his religion and my mom I don't think has a bible in the house at all, so I guess you can say she not a devout Christan. But my parents agreed to not bring me up religiously, and I have to say it worked out pretty darn well as far as the religious aspect goes.

Well guys ... he's a GREAT guy...and we're really close to each other ...The thing is, he's asking for another chance and he's REALLY desperate about it ... I'm the love of his life ... So is he!! We had dreams and stuff...My mom never disagreed that we go out together...but my dad, i mean he kinda hates muslims ... i dont know ... shall i give him another chance ? i want this to work too... and BTW, he NEVER convinced me to convert to Islam ... he always says : I'll NEVER agree that you become a muslim ...and trust me he's so ADORABLE ... what do u think ?

Love knows no boundry.

Look, my girlfriend is agnostic. I'm a Christan. She says stuff (accidently which she apoligizes for) about my religion and how much it screws politics and the world up. I don't care, its her thoughts. I don't try to change her and her me. Everyone has their own thoughts and are entitled to that. We are having a excellent relationship by the way. Anything is possible.
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

Don't do it man! Stay clean!
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

King Zarathu Guest
    Jag, tell your girlfriend she's awesome and that you're lucky to have her. Tell her it's from King Z.