+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Waiting for me or something else?

Waiting for me or something else?

Hey everyone,

First up I would just like to give a big shout out to everyone, I've changed my email but a long time ago I did come to this forum for advice on how to deal with a very bad break up and I would just like to thank everyone for their input. Currently doing quite well and have now some what fully healed from that break up

Anyway the reason I have come to the forums again is to ask for some thoughts and opinions on a matter that has me quite confused at this present time, Some time ago I decided to add a few people that I know were regulars to the local club myself and brothers go too. Most of those regulars I do speak too in person except for one and this one I did not expect to accept my friend request via FB but they did.

Now I often post on this girls FB but not too much as I do not know her all that well however here is the strange thing although I have spoken to on FB we never speak in person in fact I've never spoken to her in person yet we both have similar interests. I'll give an example of what happened last night.

Before going out to the club she had asked "Are you going to the usual place tonight?" I replied yes I was and nothing more was said I get to the club and we both see each other and nothing is said. Now I'm not that built but part of my recovery period from my break up was to start working out which I have to increase my size and have a more healthy life however I know she is the type of girl that likes built guys so to speak.

Anyway at one stage a guy that I had decided to randomly talk to about the football got her attention and tried to get her to talk to me without my consent and funny out of everyone it had to be her as he was just grabbing any good looking girl! She quickly looks at me and shakes her head to say no and walks away but at the same time I did the same thing as in trying to say no I'm not interested in her.

I'm not sure how to handle this I'm interested but not too interested its more of those you see a person and you want to get to know them more, My question is she playing hard to get as in shes waiting for me to come up myself and break the ice or am I just going too far into it?

Sorry for the long post guys but I do like the help that this forum gives

Regards,

Pheo

How awkward. Why did you ignore her? Why bother with an internet-only friendship if you're too scared to interact face-to-face? Next time you go to that club, ask if she wants to meet up with you there. Then talk to her.
    Last edited by MerryH; 20-02-11 at 03:25 PM. Reason: woops.

Regret dude, it's not something you want to live with. Get off your ass and talk to her.....she is just a girl, grow some will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    How awkward. Why didn't you ignore her? Why bother with an internet-only friendship if you're too scared to interact face-to-face? Next time you go to that club, ask if she wants to meet up with you there. Then talk to her.
    At the time I was a little drunk so I didn't bother, Just not sure if she wants me to break the ice to be honest. She acts really strange most of the times I go there I'm with all my friends having a good time she looks over but doesn't do anything more kinda treats me like I'm not there and its hard to tell how she will react so I'm trying to find out =x

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Regret dude, it's not something you want to live with. Get off your ass and talk to her.....she is just a girl, grow some will ya?
    True, Most likely waiting for me to do it myself anyway. Most girls never make the first contact correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheo View Post
    At the time I was a little drunk so I didn't bother,
    Oh, you didn't bother, huh? Guess you don't like her very much.

Just not sure if she wants me to break the ice to be honest.
    Well, one of you has to do it. Why not you? You've chatted on FB already, so it would be weird not to.

She acts really strange
    Yeah, it's probably because she's thinking, "I know this guy knows me, but he's ignoring me. Weird. I guess he doesn't want to talk to me." Go make words come out of your face hole at her. Don't worry about her reaction. If she blows you off, fine, stop talking to her. Nothing lost.

You can be interested but not be in love with them, Also be a bit much going up to her drunk that wouldn't go down well