+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How far in advance to ask girl to prom?

How far in advance to ask girl to prom?

How far in advance should you ask someone to the prom?
    Thanks.

King Zarathu Guest
    the day u **** her, which, if done properly, should be within the next 10-15 minutes of meeting her.

From the guy's perspective, a couple weeks' notice would be fine. I for one had thought that was reasonable.

Of course then I got a number of hints to do it like 2 months in advance. So I asked 2 months in advance. Girls expect that. Besides, the earlier you ask, the better chance she's not already taken Good luck.
    The only way to guaruntee a 100% rejection rate is never to ask at all.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't wait too long cause it'd suck to ask a chick that's already goin' with somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by LTPoser
    the day u **** her, which, if done properly, should be within the next 10-15 minutes of meeting her.
    How's that working out with you, champ?

Of course then I got a number of hints to do it like 2 months in advance. So I asked 2 months in advance. Girls expect that. Besides, the earlier you ask, the better chance she's not already taken.
    This is the best advice. Two weeks notice is a bad idea for something like the prom. Chicks have to get their hair done, dress...you have to get a Tux, pictures, dinners...there's a buncha BS that goes with it, and the sooner you ask her the better.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

ask like 6 months prior or something. this way you can ask more than one girl and if one's taken, there's another lined up. it also gives you time to break the date. it's mean to say but it's the truth. sometimes it's better to know waaaay ahead of time so you don't have to worry so much.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

I wouldn't ask six months in advance but I think that two months would me normal or you could her the day the tickets go on sale, thats pretty common.
    When I have gone and you’ve moved on will you remember me?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybog_The_Biatch
    How's that working out with you, champ?
    At least I have something to **** with. You on the other hand.. Sorry, I didn't mean it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by emokid18
    I wouldn't ask six months in advance but I think that two months would me normal or you could her the day the tickets go on sale, thats pretty common.
    No dude, don't risk her gettin' asked first. Just ask, it's not like you're askin' her to get married, you're better off askin' earlier than later. Now would be a good time to start. Two months in advance, most of the good ones are already taken.

as a girl i'm gonna tell u it all depends on how much she likes you. i mean if you are pals and u just want to go as such she is never going to say yes 3 months in advance. it's nothing against you, but i think most would rather have a romantic date over a friend date. and she could quite possible have found a new interest in those 3 months. so if it's just a friend thing a few weeks should do it. if it's a girl you are into if she really likes you i would say 2 months is a good amount of time. no more than 3. if you wait till like a month she may have already given up and said yes to a friend or any old chump that asked her. i've seen how girls get as prom nears. it's like the end of the world to be one of the last to not have a date. so basically it depends on what kind of interest you have in the chica

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've come to hate the chick I went to the prom with. Thank god I barely spent any time with her while I was there.