+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking the Big Step - Dating

Taking the Big Step - Dating

Ive read losts of posts, the advice and encouragement offered 2ppl

Would just like some opinions and advice on my dating situation. Some people may remember me posting the beginning of this story once before.

There was a girl at work, she had been there a while and never had the opportunity to talk to her, she is stunning, if im honest the exact type of girl physically i would have dreamed up in my head.

I found out she was going to Oz for 3months, and managed to talk to her about it, and couple of weeks before she left talked loads about my travel and trip to Oz etc. I was real happy cos she is lovely but gutted i was talking to her and she was leaving. It makes it worse that she is such a nice girl when have talked.

Never had any confidence with the girls. well nothing more than friendship

Anyway she has been back at work for a few weeks, she came back while i was away. Today just managed to pass her in the corridor and both said Hi, she kinda held back so i knew should ask how her trip was. Stood n talked bout what she had done and compared it to mine as we went to the same place in Kuala Lumpur. It was great talking with her again.

Just back in a muddle now, of just thinking she is so so nice.
    Have emailed her couple of my pics that she would recognise of kuala lumpur n she sent me some of her from OZ n mentioned a few things and i have replied.

Havent a clue if she is interested in me anymore than just chat sharing experiences or anything. I just hope i dont obsess about her in my head now she is back lol
    just dont think I have it in me to ask her.

To me she is like Chelsea in the Premier League and Im languising Mid Table in 2nd Division

I have too many negative thoughts about myself in this situation lol like she is too good for me etc, she wudnt b interested, or id b turned down n gutted.

So gonna have to see what happens, see if she shows a real interest, maybe she has already and i just havent picked it up or acted on it.

The Fact is, Ive never asked someone out before, let alone even go on a date, so it would all be totally new for me and so difficult. Wouldnt have a clue how to even ask or what to do if were gonna go somewhere together.

Im trying to change into a more positive person. Ppl say the right person will come along, but well ive waited all my life and nothing. Just bottle out of it so often.

The wierd thing is, iprobs have more female friends than anything, loads at work who come in and see me n chat n stuff especially, they all tell me im a great person, but sometimes i just dont see it and think that no one is interested in me more than a friend.

I dont wanna get my hopes up anyway. Hopefully we may keep emailing at work n stuff for a while if i dont see her around often.

I know alot of people have probably had similar experiences and benefitted.

Lee

you could try saying something like "fancy a drink after work tonight, id love a chance to chat some more bout kualar lumpy or whatever" then if she says no you havent lost face, and if she says yes go for the drink start talking bout your trip then you can move the convastion away from that and chat about other things and see how it goes

i agree with swoon sounds like the best thing to do. becuase she'll have ideas that you maybe interested in her and her answer will be if shes interested in you or not. its a sort of read between the line thing i like that wish a guy would try it on me instead of mixed hints and signs