+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quick ?

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City

Quick ?

Two weeks ago, I met a cute girl at a party. We had shared interests in art and interior design, so I asked for her phone number.

Last week, we hung out again. We had a great time. First, we went to a restaurant. Then we returned to her place and she showed me her art. Sexual interest pulsed under the surface of our conversation about John Ashbery. Her eye contact was great. She sat on the couch next to me. She had parted lips and I felt like this relationship had legs.

I recognized her interest, but I couldn't act on it. After my first year of law school, with its innumerable lonely library nights, I felt rusty. When I left at 1:30 AM, I gave her a hug instead of a goodbye kiss. I feared rejection.

I called her again today. No answer. Did I send out the wrong message? Where should I go from here, if anywhere?

She is probably questioning your sexual orientation right about now (I work in interior design and believe me, straight guys with a genuine interest in this realm are few and far between).

Your lack of initiative the other night didn't help matters much. She's probably having an ego crash.

For God's sake, call her up and ask her on a proper date.
    Spammer Spanker