+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some quick help

Some quick help

Hey,

I returned to this board (forgetting my previous account) after you guys helped me get over my ex girlfriend and for that I am very appreciative. There are some great minds on this message board that truly do care for helping others.

Now to the story

About two months ago, I got a new job. One of the women who interviewed me caught my eye and I knew I wanted her. I told my other friend (Who works at the same location) that I wanted to take her out. We ended up going to the olive garden as a group date (2 girls, 2 guys, but the other couple had been together for a year.).

Things went all and we began to hang out on our lunch breaks at my house. She came over atleast once every weekend and atleast 2-3 times per week for the first month or so. We had sex three times and everything seemed great.

Now heres for a couple tidbits; I'm 19, young, ambitious, and still partying some.

She's 27, well into her professional career, very family oriented and has a kid (with a guy that split at birth).

At first, we both said that our ages weren't awkward. Now i'm beginning to think that my age is killing the relationship for her. We only hang out maybe twice a week now and we haven't had sex in about two. Text volume is wayy down (but i'm not the one to ante up and start becoming a needy guy) and overall I just think she is losing interest in what we have.

But it seems she's confused because when we do hang out, she is quite frankly on me and very aggressive in kissing and everything else.

My friends told me that this is what dating a girl with a kid is like -- they are very dedicated to their kid and their kid comes first. I can understand that but at current levels of attention she cannot expect me to hang around. One agreement we both made when we started having sex was that we weren't going to see anyone else. Now I feel that if she isn't going to give me the attention that gives me the necessary signals to put any of my doubts to rest, I want to see other women.

What should I do here? Just relax and continue to take it slow and not say anything?

Here's an example: She calls me right when we get off friday to tell me that saturday after I get off she can probably hang out and "catch up on some unfinished business". I don't text her at all that day until I get off, and I get a reply an hour later saying shes at the movies with her whole family. This girl is latino and has very high family values as well as she is sensitive to bring a guy around (because of her daughters attachment, and acceptance of the family).

I guess the ultimate question is this; I realize I am not number 1 on her priority list -- my question is how do I get there and not come off as needy? What would you guys do in this situation?

Thanks all

If I were you, I'd bail.

You're 19-- are you really prepared to build a relationship with someone who is almost 30, has a career, and has a kid? On her list of priorities you're incredibly low, and that's how it should be-- she has a kid to provide for. If you can't handle that, then don't.

That is sound advice, thank you.

I should also note that I am not your normal 19 year old; I run my own business, purchased my own condo when I was 18, etc.