+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating someone older from work

Dating someone older from work

Hey guy's

This weekend a lady from work and I went for a road trip to one of her friends place and stayed the night. I am 24 and shes 41. We get along great with each other and in no ways do I feel like she treats me like a kid. We joke and flirt all the time together and I always throw in the older age comments for fun and she laughs along. She doesn't look like she's 41 and I try to look past her age anyways, I look for the enjoyment that we share together. At work sometimes I don't see her all day and then other days I may see here for 5 minutes or so. We have worked together for 4 years and she has dated 1 guy in those 4 years and he was a loser, when I met him.

I have a huge crush on her and it's like we were meant to be together but our ages are 17 years apart. She has a 15 year old kid and a 21 year old who doesn't live at home. She has been married twice but I think it's the guy's loss. She's a great person and I enjoy being around her and think about her all the time sometimes. The thing is I don't know if she would even consider dating someone 17 years younger then her and is this is just a fun thing for her or a friendship thing. I like the mature age thing about her, compared to girls my age and the fact that she is happy with her self and she seams to enjoy being around me. She doesn't buy me stuff and it's not like she's looking for that one night stand. She even let me drive her car this weekend which kind of showed me that she trusted me. If she didn't like me I am sure she wouldn't invited me this weekend to come along with her. She like to classify her self as a cougar.

We were planning on going to the movies, she said just random when another co-worker and I was around I would like to go see this show and I am like I am in. Other co-worker didn't get a chance to say anything. So just planned for the two of us.

Today she said she had to cancel going to the movies because she bought something for her kid's apartment and they were going to get it and she was sorry. So I said no worries not a big deal and she said she would go next week sometime. Later that day I planned to go on a weekend away thing with a buddy from work and just joking said don't worry won't cheat on you and then she said ah don't worry there is ton of younger girls out there for you. So what does this mean, it just made me somewhat sad through the whole day because I have such strong feelings for her and think about her often not for the in bed part either. The show was at 10pm, it just seams like she didn't want to go I don't know, family comes first so I had no problem with it.

Just really down in the dumps because I was looking forward to going. I click with her good, but maybe she is just toying with me which hurts.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you should expect that a 41 year old woman will be interested in a lasting relationship with someone so much younger, but for a FWB situation... (dating, sex, etc.), she might. If she is unattached, and if you can both keep yourself not too emotionally involved, then why not?

I do not suggest you ever meet her children or try to involve yourself in that way. That would be a disaster.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?