+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want to tell this girl how I feel -- but can't :(

Want to tell this girl how I feel -- but can't :(

This is killing me, I'm sure she has an idea of how I feel, but I don't think she knows that I love her (or like her a lot). It kills me when she says she likes some guy, as she does right now.

But I can't tell her how I feel because we have a really good/close friendship, which actually doesn't help at all because
    1) She thinks she can tell me anything -- ie: when she likes a guy
    2) We spend a lot of time together and I just get more attached to her

So, what would you do if you were in my situation and what do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

If you want to go through misery of seeing her with another guy later on, then stay friends and live your life that way. The faster she knows that you feel differently towards her, the easier it will be on you in case her answer is a negative one.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Yea but, say if I tell her I like her:

1) She feels the same way (which isn't impossible because she liked me last year)
    or
    2) She doesn't feel the same way, then what?

We're going on a ski trip together that she's really looking forward to. We have to put together a few things for graduation that's in October.. things will just be really awkward

top-gun- You can do it...It doesn't have to come very quickly but you have to make her know that you want to be with her fairly soon. If some guy who she likes comes forward and asks, you will regret it for a long time. I did the same thing and still regret it even though it was years ago.

Become more attached to her but the key is to take her places where it's not friendship oriented. You need to set the right mood so you can make her see that you want to be more then just friends.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

She doesn't feel the same way, then what?
    If she doesnt' feel the same way at least you have your answer and you can move on. If you dont' ask her then you will always have questions like "What if I did...?". Those questions just end up eating you alive and it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    top-gun- You can do it...It doesn't have to come very quickly but you have to make her know that you want to be with her fairly soon. If some guy who she likes comes forward and asks, you will regret it for a long time. I did the same thing and still regret it even though it was years ago.

Become more attached to her but the key is to take her places where it's not friendship oriented. You need to set the right mood so you can make her see that you want to be more then just friends.
    what happened with you? Is it similar to my situation??

The thing is, I really can't take her to dinners etc because, well, while we can drink, drive, etc., we're not matured enough -- that's not to say we're not mature, because we are. So I don't know what you mean or how i can make it less "friendship orientated"

Another problem is she always gives me mixed signs.. She ALWAYS texts me, probably 10 a day to tell me useless information like what she's doing, or to watch something on tv lol. And we laugh a lot, joke around, talk etc to the point where I think that she DOES like me. Then the next day, she hints (but never says) that she likes another guy

top-gun, i sent you a private message...make sure you check

yep done..

1). Tell her.
    2). Tell her.
    3). Tell her.

She so obviously digs you, and if she doesn't well when she rejects you, you will definitely feel all the better for letting it out, and you'll probably get over her in a few days!

Don't moan that you don't know what to do, just god damn do it Don't even talk to your friends about it, or think about it, just next time you see her, tell her! Don't tell her by text though, it's never helpful this way.