+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure I am capable of trusting again. Are there loving men out there?

Not sure I am capable of trusting again. Are there loving men out there?

Not even a week out of a relationship and he is with someone else. Said he didnt cheat on me, he wasnt looking, it just happened. Bulllshit. Anyway...I have no faith in a long lasting relationship with a man. Just seems no matter how good things can be, a man just isnt content.

Any advice on how open to be for when I meet someone else. (not for a long time)

How can I really get to know a guy before even considering feelings, emotions, and committment?

not quite in a long-term relationship, but I already have 4 months and going. I never cheated because I believe that if you want to pursue something with someone else, you should at least have the respect to end the current thing before attempting it.
    He never did anything that he didn't want, unless she slipped him a date rape drug, which I honestly doubt.

He didnt just end it tho. He asked me for a "break" (which i dont believe in) and wanted to keep dating. So he didnt just end things. he wanted his cake and to eat it too. Deep down I know he didnt cheat, but whats so sad is it changes the person I believed in. Even if we never talked again I believed in him as the person he was. But not anymore.

Then who cares? He didn't do you wrong at all and you're pissed. We've all been there so don't think it's just you. You need to be strong and keep Looking since there are plenty of loving guys Out there.

All this anger is all on you so dOnt blame anyone but yourself

Yeah, youre right. There is no point in being angry or upset about it anymore. It is what it is.

Unless you're 35 or something, relax a bit. The right guy will come along, it takes some sifting through for everyone.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Unless you're 35 or something, relax a bit. The right guy will come along, it takes some sifting through for everyone.
    Even if you're 35 or older, don't worry. The right guy will come along when you least expect it.
    Try to not date for a while, and be good to yourself first. Don't think you are less just because a relationship didnt work out.
    The next fellow you are interested in, try to be friends first. You can only develop trust with true friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost88 View Post
    Even if you're 35 or older, don't worry. The right guy will come along when you least expect it.
    Try to not date for a while, and be good to yourself first. Don't think you are less just because a relationship didnt work out.
    The next fellow you are interested in, try to be friends first. You can only develop trust with true friendship.
    True. Wife and I didn't get together until we were in our 40's. Hell, she's in her LATE 40's.

I have just been kicked in the teeth because i gave to much trust! we're in the same boat !

i would rather trust someone and get hurt, the not trust someone and watch them walk away. Just not sure that I am capable of thinking that way anymore.. It has been really hard...but I think I am more upset by being replaced and rejected than losing the guy. What we had was amazing while it lasted, but I dont think I ever want to see him again! Ick!
    Last edited by KristenElaine; 01-06-12 at 06:03 AM.

very nice!

You'll (hopefully) learn to read people more efficiently as time goes by, OP. Don't quit being yourself, just don't repeat the same mistakes.

To Ghost and HIA: I'm not talking about marriage, but I'd say if you haven't been able to foster a somewhat productive LTR by your mid 30's, you'd probably better start looking in the mirror, not always wondering what's wrong with the opposite sex.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    You'll (hopefully) learn to read people more efficiently as time goes by, OP. Don't quit being yourself, just don't repeat the same mistakes.

To Ghost and HIA: I'm not talking about marriage, but I'd say if you haven't been able to foster a somewhat productive LTR by your mid 30's, you'd probably better start looking in the mirror, not always wondering what's wrong with the opposite sex.
    Yup. I got that... eventually.