+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help shed some light on my siuation?

help shed some light on my siuation?

Hello guys! I am not really comfortable talking about my problems on the internet, but I have used forums and stuff online so I figured I would at least give it a try... anyways, hope you can help shed some light on my situation:

There is this girl I like. We have class together (in college) and we sit together in every class, I think it would be awkward at this point if we DIDNT sit next to each other. Anyways, I am always makin her laugh, and there really isn't ever a awkward moment in person. Anyways, my problem lies with text messaging I guess lol. What is TOO MUCH? I mean, I know I don't want to come across as desperate, and I know that I gotta take it easy.. but im just worried I am blowing it...

We txt each other randomly pretty much all week (not really weekends ever), but it usually is school related... unless I can get the conversation rolling on something else, and it will last back and forth a few times, or more. But some times I feel like I am talking too much, or that ill get real nervous if she doesn't respond to my last message. I feel like she just looked at it and said "OMG why is this guy still texting me". How do I know if she is looking at it and not responding on purpose, or she is just looking at it, acknowledging it in her head, and im just freakin out? I txted her twice in a row today (like 40 min in between) and I feel like im a complete idiot for doing that lol. I mean I can tell you my biggest problem is that I feel like when a conversation is over, even on a txt, it should always have a conclusion, or some form of "see ya"

Ive asked her out to eat with me twice, and each time she hasnt been able to because she just ate (no big deal, but said she would of if she hadn't of just ate, and to try again later; thats what I took out of it when she said "lol and next time you are looking for something to eat maybe I wont have already eaten!" Facebook, mind you) or it was too early to go eat (10am after class let out early, again understandable, in person)

Do I just need to back off? I don't want to ruin anything that we might have going, if we even HAVE something going. I wish I could say I have found a sign that she likes me... but other then the fact I am makin her laugh 100% of the time I'm talkin to her, I just dont know. I dont want to come across as trying to hard either, I would rather back off completely then be "that weird guy" you know what I mean?

Sorry for this long rant, I am just out seeking advice on my situation. Thanks for your time in advanced.
    Last edited by justcheckin; 15-09-10 at 07:53 AM.

Yeh, don't text her too much. If you are asking her out then do it in advance, set a time and a date with her, then you will know if she's for it or against it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Yeh, don't text her too much. If you are asking her out then do it in advance, set a time and a date with her, then you will know if she's for it or against it.
    ok do you think im on the right track though? If she was uninterested I would flat out of cought on by now right? I mean I feel like i would really KNOW if she was trying to downplay it...

My recommendation is to totally stop initiating texts for a week or two, just sit with her in class. You will know if she's interested if she tries starts texting you, but be careful to not read into the specific texts too much, she may just want to be friends. As soon as a girl feels that a guy is losing interest she reevaluates the guy and she may find she wants to keep your interest.

see she just txted me back though... a few hours later askin about how homework was comming (as in she got my last message and time has passed since she read it) does that make sense?

Anyways, she didnt even say much, I said a joke, she said "haha yeah I havent even looked at it yet" and that was it. I am pushing the conversation from here on out. Is this where I back off or what? Is this ok to continue because she is trying to talk? What do you think? Is this "just being friendly"? really?