Hi, I'm new to this forum and could do with a little advice on my recent breakup. My boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me at the beginning of February after a drunken arguement. He had been off with me since christmas and seemingly trying to instigate arguements over silly things. He says things hadn't been working, particulary because I had had some problems with anxiety and panic attacks over christmas but I had sought help for this and was nearly all sorted.

however we had been planning to move house this month and he had been really exciting chosing furniture, finding golf courses near where we were moving to, evern got exctied about wanting to buy a dog and planning to set up an office at the house. I understand that things were hard and that put pressure on him but I'm not sure how he can go from all these plans to saying he sees absolutely no future with me. He refuses to see me and gets angry if I call, even just to go through things about our flat as he is moving out next week, he says he doesn't want to meet me to spare my feelings but he wants to be friends. He also won't give me any reasons, just that he needs to be on his own because he's lost sight of who he is and needs to be selfish. He yelled at me yesterday sayign that I wasn't leaving him alone, even though I hadn't spoken to him in a month other than to call to tell him that a friend had died and then to email the funeral details but he said i was texting, calling and emailing constantly.

I'm so upset about it all I don't seem to be able to move past it. All his friends have recently got married or having children and started asking us when we were going to, and he's obsessed with turning 30 next year. It all seems to sudden that I wonder if he's got scared by moving out to the country together and buying furniture with everyone talking about marriage, or maybe I'm just wishing that that is what it is.... I really don't know

I hope that made some kind of sense, any advice would be great.