+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you think it will only be just pure friendship between me and him?

Would you think it will only be just pure friendship between me and him?

Hey girls and guys

We just met two month ago during a outdoor camp, and i never really believed we could be friends. My first impression of him was that he's joker and a very playful kid. But well, we still managed to exchanged our phone numbers as a way of friendly gesture.

And now we talk on the phone everyday, and our conversation could last for hours, sharing our experience in life, new knowledge, talking about our dreams and aspirations, gossips and jokes. There is maybe a little connection between us.
    We went out a few times together and i'm comfortable being with him. I look forward to hang out with him. I'm a touchy person as a need to feel secured and l tend to hold people's arms and touch them sub-consciously and i realized he'll play with my hair and touch my head and shoulders. It's cool and i don't mind it.

When he's away from the state some weeks ago going to a remote country for a some work he'll call me every night to tell me that he's safe. I worried for his safety and he knows it. I remembered me crying once in bed at night when he didn't called back for a few days because of the problem with the network, i prayed for him and tried countless attempt to make outgoing calls to reach him. And when he finally called to report that he's doing okay, i cannot describe the joy and relief to hear from him again.
    I'm not quite sure was it a normal thing that girls would do to a guy-friend but i probably may have went a little far.
    He brought me thoughtful gifts from his trip, gifts that maybe most guys are not brave enough to buy for a girl-friend. He's really sweet. But all these sets me thinking : would a guy bother to make that effort if they don't like the person?

I'm not sure if i am falling for him. I never had been in a relationship.
    Judging by his personality and characters, he's truly a god-send and i'm grateful for this friendship. I'm wondering if this friendship might develop into something else in the near future. I'm not sure if he feels the same too, i don't plan to ask him any question yet, but just waiting for time to reveal the answer.

-Deeliah

Currently living in Cyprus, Scotland is home though :)
    Hi Deeliah,

I think you should go for it and approach him about. From what is sounds like (from the outside looking in) it sounds like you may really like him and have not realised it yet or admitted it to yourself. The fact that you worry so much when he's away and cant make contact is a big sign that you have feelings for him, you may not know yet.
    Given the way he touches you and talks about all those things with you, he is comfortable around you and contacts you so much i would say the feelings is mutual and that you are both just scared to make a big move. If i were you i would ask him and not waste anymore time thinking of what could be.
    Hope i helped a little bit lol Good luck and i hope it works out for you, you sound like you need each other. Allyson x.

I keep showing that your interested. Hell, tell him. I bet he is wondering the samething as you. Your sending him signals anyway. You both are giving the green light to "GO", its just down to it where someone has to have the guts to ask. Im pretty confidant that there will be no rejection if you ask him out and vice versa. I wish he wouldn't wait so long to make a move, but he could be shy as well. I been there and it took awhile for me to make a move. It takes a while to build that confidence. Like I said, keep up with what your doing. Keep making the small gestures and be a lil touchy feely. Im sure he will get the hint and ask you out. If your not willing to be patient, then ask him out. Scew the stereotypes of the man has to make the first move. I mean... this is clear as a bell. If I was in his shoes, I would have done it by now, no questions. At the same time, its nice to see post like this. It really nice to hear this kind of interaction between a man and a woman. I wish I had this right now. Have fun, and good luck to the both of you.
    I don't mind being blunt and cold to the core....everyone needs to be put in their place once in a while.

It sounds like you like him and that he likes you. Why don't you try this - the next time you two are talking say to him, "You know, as an experiment we should try to go on a date together. We seem to get along so well and like each other, it almost seems inevitable." If he responds negatively, you can just play it off and continue with the friendship. If he reacts positively, go on the date and see what happens.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!