+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just a 'fling' for whenever he comes back home

Am I just a 'fling' for whenever he comes back home

Okay, so four months ago I started talking to this guy through facebook. For about 3 months we just sent each other messages back and forth talking about school, and the usual. He hardly had time to use the computer because he's a medical student so he'd reply after 4-5 days. Then he started calling me. Well he called me twice, and I called him once. Thing is, he lives here in Canada, but studies in the UK. So he's back home in Canada (where I live) every two months or so. So when we got talking on the phone, he told me how he was coming back (this was in January) and we should hang out. I was fine with that, but didn't really think too much into it, until the day he calls me on the same day he reached home. He actually asked to see me the next day, but I told him to take time to settle down, and we could see each other after a couple of days and he agreed. So anyways, our first meeting was somewhat odd. We had dinner, and well then we just ended up making out in his car. He actually ended up rubbing me 'downstairs' which I thought was quite fast. So I stopped things there and told him to drop me off home. Anyways, since then he would text me every day. I'd get 'Good morning beautiful' texts, he'd make the effort to ask me how my day was going, and generally things that showed he was concerned about my life. Then he asked to hang out a second time, but I ended up saying no because I didn't like how far it went the first time. He apologized for giving me the wrong impression, and told me things would be better this time.

So we went for a second date, and we had a meaningful conversation about religion and such this time, and I finally felt we were connecting. After that we went to a lake, and ended up making out again but it was a lot more passionate and mutual this time. So anyways the date went well, and he called me the next day telling me he missed me and such, but was upset because his friend got into an accident back home. Anyways, I didn't hear from him for 4 days, and then I got a msg on facebook telling me his friend had died. I tried calling him but his phone was always off. So I figured he went back to the UK, and was upset he didn't even say bye. So then 11 days later, I get a phone call from the UK, and it's him apologizing for leaving in a rush, but he wasn't willing to contact anyone because of what happened with his friend. So we had a good talk, that ended with him telling me to stay in touch, and give him a call sometime too. He said he would be back in May. And that was it.

Now.. I'm not too sure what to think of this. Sometimes I just feel like a fling, other times I feel like he really may be interested. I don't want to end up being a booty call for whenever he comes back home.

All insight appreciated. Thanks! Oh and he's 23 and I'm 19 if that helps!

You haven't even given it up yet, so I don't see how he could be using you for sex. If he just wanted an easy lay, he would have given up on you after the first date. For most guys, it's not that hard to go pick up some slutty girl in a bar, so I think it's safe to say he's interested in you, not just your treats.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think it sounds like you're a fling to him, but it does sound like he has alot going on. Maybe you need to date someone who is going to be more available to you?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

mmm, this is somewhat tricky but given the fact that you are living miles apart I would not be taking this too seriously. Even, if indeed...he really did lose his friend he should still have kept in touch with you if you meant anything to him. Sorry, but I don't think he has any serious intentions and there is always the possibility that he may be seeing someone in the UK. You just cannot know the facts given the distance and I would be more than a little weary. I would suggest you find someone closer to home. The mere fact that he tried to touch you up the very first time you met goes to show that he is a bit of a sleaze. He did not show you any respect whatsoever.