+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to progress things further??

How to progress things further??

Hello back!!
    Okay so incase if your wondering about my past background with this guy then here's the link http://www.loveforum.net/threads/76621-as-a-friend-or-more-Input-needed! .

So yesterday we had our physics exam and we met after the exam by mere co-incidence. We met in our dorm cafe and we sat and discussed the exam paper till the cafe closed. Then we got out at 1am and we decided to do our engineering homework together which is due today. We started at 1:10am and we finished 80% of it at 4am and he said that he wanted to take a break. We decided to go for a short walk. It was snowing and the winds were terrible. Still,we kept walking. The exit stairs were slippery so he held my hand and we were holding hands for like around 5 seconds even after I finished climbing down the stairs. T hen we were playing a bit in the snow and then he said he wanted us to get inside one of the nearby dorms because the winds got crazy and scary. So we got inside a random dorm to warm ourselves. We talked about academics, love, relationships etc. Then we realized that it was 4:45am and so we decided to leave. We walked back my dorm and the weather got crazier. Then we finished our homework and we left at 5:30am because he was sleepy.
    I tried getting close to him by standing very close to him so our fingers clashed at times. We looked at each other to maintain an eye contact for few seconds but that I'm assuming was just random.
    I don't know if he's falling for me or just believes that I am a very good friend or so. Also, how do I progress things further without looking desperate or any such thing? Any views?

Go back and re-read your other thread because it's no different from t is one you're trying to start here. Do you want to hear all the same things over again before you get the balllzzz to either ask this guy or outright kiss him and see how he responds? You've done nothing new and either has he since the last request for opinions, or have you and you've just not mentioned?

Go kiss him, I was in the same situation and it worked on me.

Like previous times we would not be physically close but at least I've tried to do that this time. There was no one in the study room besides us so I was purposely sitting extremely close to him in a way that our feet touches at times and our hands get caught "unintentionally". One important thing is that when we were discussing about love and relationships, he asked me what kind of a guy I want and after I told him, he said , "You don't have to be in a relationship, Gia.It's not that important." and all that. And then he said how he was an introvert before and then he opened up last year and he's been talking to girls and he's never been in a serious relationship before. And he was asking about my best friend, a guy, and he asked why aren't we in a relationship because he strongly feels that he(my best friend) loves me. But then I told him that I only view him as a best friend and nothing more.
    So basically, this time we got a lot more personal in terms of talking and in terms of being physical. That's the new thing between us.

I think he's gay!

haha
    he's a shy guy!

If he's shy, then you're going to have to make the first move. But we've already said that, haven't we.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

and so I'm trying,ain't I? I don't want to be like suddenly just go and kiss him without any reason. That would just creep him/or anyone out. Besides, I don't want to kiss someone without being sure that he loves me back. I just want to speeden things up. Like suggest ideas as to what should I plan to do or make him do or just any such thing which is decent and would draw us closer.

Do it or don't. Your call but to say to just suddenly go in for a kiss is you being naive (or dumb?) Of course you don't just suddenly go in for a kiss... you wait until he's close and brushing his fingers near yours like you said he does. You don't want to kiss someone unless he loves you back? Are you saying you're in love with your gay friend? If you are, then you best distance yourself from him because if he loved you, he would have made a move on you by now. Any guy who is with you until the early hours of the morning and doesn't make a move on you is either gay or you're his bestest friend... nothing more as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I think he's gay!
    I was thinking the same thing, a lot of red flags here... even if a guy is shy, if he is alone with a girl he likes or even finds attractive and the opportunity is in the air to kiss her or make a move, he will. it seems like you have had many of these chances and he still doesn't do anything. and he even asked you about one of your guy friends! I feel like I really agree with Wakeup here

lol no he asked about my guy friend because he's thinks we like each other since he(my best friend) calls me several times while I'm with him. just to take the conversation further, yesterday I asked him as to why is he so shy. He got totally defensive. And then he tried to prove me wrong and tried holding my hand and so. When I asked my friends(some of whom are guys) about it, they said that it's clearly an intention to date because no guy would ask you to go out for a walk at 4am when it's snowing and when the winds are crazy.
    And one more thing just happened. One of our mutual classmates just asked us if we both are seeing each other because she's seen us together too many times. So when i told him about it, he smiled and looked sort of happy because he had a smile on his face. I don't want to automatically assume anything out of that though but I guess it points towards something positive at the least.
    Last edited by gia01; 01-02-13 at 02:07 PM.

Kiss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't post again until you have.

Quote Originally Posted by gia01 View Post
    and so I'm trying,ain't I? I don't want to be like suddenly just go and kiss him without any reason. That would just creep him/or anyone out. Besides, I don't want to kiss someone without being sure that he loves me back.
    No, you're not trying: you're just posting about it. You do have reason: The reason is mutual attraction. And what the heck is this discussion about LOVE? You guys aren't even dating yet. Love doesn't come till you've been dating for quite some time and gotten to know each other well. What you feel now is interest and infatuation - but not love.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.