+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been 5 years

It's been 5 years

I can't get over my ex. plain and simple. it's been 6 years. i'm married to a sweet man, and i now live 800 miles away from him. little things remind me of my ex. weather, smells, the way the sun sets on certain days. it's pathetic. He has a girlfriend of 2 years, and he's thinking of marrying her. We still talk on ocassion just to see how the other one is doing, and i value our friendship. i hurt so much, but i should have moved on by now. i wish i could talk to him about this, but it's not my place anymore. i want to be over this, because it's killing me. i want my life back, and i don't want to cry anymore. but i sometimes feel as if we should be together. he still tells me he loves me, and he misses me, but in subtle ways. still flirts, still teases me like he used to. it brings a smile to my face. how do i let go of a door that has long since been closed?

Evidently, the door isn't as closed as you might think.

I see a bad moon arisin'...
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Evidently, the door isn't as closed as you might think.

I see a bad moon arisin'...
    Agreed Whay, do you love your husband? If you don't love him how you believe you should then you need to confront the issue and talk to him. Relationship counceling, anything to save that relationship.

Honestly after 6 years i'd say it's a VERY big issue and would seriously consider seeing someone (psychologist/iatrist). This is only what I think would help you, please don't take it as offensive.

This isn't healthy as you stated and you and your husband both deserve better.

i don't take offence to it at all. i do love my husband very much. thats why i married him. as for counciling, or even telling him how i feel, i don't think it would be good. he's very sensitive to these kinds of things. sometimes a little too sensitive. hes sort of the jealous type.

as for doors not being closed, what makes you say that? it just seems obvious that it's over, and i have to move on.

I just don't know how to......

quit talking to him. the guy i mean. no matter how infrequent it is those conversations could mess with your mind and get you thinking. it's best to just let it go. you're married now.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl in love
    ...i don't think it would be good. he's very sensitive to these kinds of things. sometimes a little too sensitive. hes sort of the jealous type...as for doors not being closed, what makes you say that? it just seems obvious that it's over, and i have to move on...I just don't know how to......
    Oh, bullocks and poppycock! You don't WANT to and you're using your husband as excuse NOT to. YOU'RE the one telling us it ISN'T over with your ex. THAT door is still open. I don't have the patience for this. Let others try to persuade you out of denial into reason. Listen to Misombra, particularly.
    Speak less. Say more.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah listen to me too.

I sure know what I'm talkin' about.

So were where these thoughts of your ex that you can not get over when you were walking down the isle and getting married with someone else?. This entire thing sounds stupid to me. Go with the person you love if you know who that is and what that means.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    So were where these thoughts of your ex that you can not get over when you were walking down the isle and getting married?
    ROFLMAO!!

Jeeze. i came here for some serious advice. not to be ridiculed. i'd get better opinions from a book.

Jeeze. i came here for some serious advice. not to be ridiculed. i'd get better opinions from a book.

That because the book would just tell you what you want to hear. Seriously..put yourself in our position. The first thing that went through my mind is "How the **** does someone get married to someone other then the person they love". Dont give me this you can love more then one person bull shit..its not true.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

ok. i can see that. he was my first true love, and about 9 years older than me. so because of that, it was doomed from the start. first love, first orgasm, first engagement. there's alot of history. i'm not looking for someone to tell me to be with him. i'm not looking for someone to tell me it's stupid, because it's serious to me. i'm looking for someone to tell me how to break the strings to let my heart be at peace. i love my husband eternally. i don't want to love my ex.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm looking for someone to tell me how to break the strings to let my heart be at peace
    So...

Tell us exactly what you want us to tell you to make you feel better, we'll repeat it, and you'll be back a square one, only now, you'll be under the influence that square one is the place to be, why? Because we told you.

frasbee, you seem kinda bitter.

oh, by the way, where in philly. i lived there for a while. ya know, it explains the, um, attitude a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast