+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to tell my boyfriend exactly how I'm feeling but unsure what he'll think...

I want to tell my boyfriend exactly how I'm feeling but unsure what he'll think...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5 months. He's recently told me he loves me, I said it back. He's not the most vocal about his feelings, but I want to tell him something kinda corny. I just want to get it off my chest, and I'm wondering if it's okay to say or will a guy be like..."okay calm down" kinda thing.

I just want to tell him that I've never felt this way about anyone before. I was in a relationship for three years that lacked a lot of things, and he has them all and more. I want to tell him how much I love how much passion there is between us and how he makes me really happy. I want him to know how much I appreciate him.

I'm a vocal person with my feelings, but I had kind of a wall up for the first few months and kind of kept a lot of my thoughts to myself in fear of becoming too invested. But now I'm invested and I have definitely fallen in love with him. I want him to know how I feel. Is that too much to say to a guy? Will that scare him away? I'm not looking for him to say all these romantic things back to me or anything, I just want him to know that I'm in this, because I'm sure he got the feeling I had a wall up before. He said I love you a few times before I said it back. The other day, I said it to him first and he stopped what he was doing and said "you have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that first. You just made me so happy". So I want him to know how I truly feel about him. Too much?

I said pretty much said the same thing to my hubby at the same time and it didn't scare him away. But it's important to remember that the hormones and adrenaline of the Honeymoon period do make us feel this way....so it's also worth taking these type of comments with a grain of salt.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm a emotional and corny guy so I would love that shit.

However there are so guys who... aren't.

You're the best judge of your boyfriend, you know him better than any of us. So if he's cool with that stuff then ya, go for it.

I say tell him but preface it by saying you feel like you need to tell him how you feel about him but that you are aware that a lot of guys might not like too much lovey dovey stuff and you don't want to freak him out. Least that way you don't have to suppress your feelings and at the same time he knows you are self aware enough not to smother him once you've got it out.