+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Impossible to get attached to somebody!!

Impossible to get attached to somebody!!

I am seriously confused. Ever since I've been a young girl I've been treated badly by men. I have been abandoned by my father, cheated on by various bfs, raped, and now I find myself unable to have secure attachments with anybody.2years ago, I finally find the most incredible man. "Jim" is sensitive, patient, funny, smart, and supports me in every way. He's always willing to help. Lately all I have been doing is treating him like crap. I don't think I treat him well , and it kills me to see him waste his time on me, which is why I broke up with him several times. I have told him many times that I don't think I'm ready for a long term relationship and that I don't think I deserve him (which I truly believe).He never accepts me breaking up with him and so we're still living together. I've tried the idea of a "break" or even an open relationship but that didn't work out. Now , "Jim" is talking about buying a house with me, marrying me, and having kids. Although "Jim" provides me with everything a girl would desire, I still feel no emotions towards him. I recently cheated on him , and I feel no guilt, but I feel bad that I don't feel bad. I'm becoming dead inside, and I don't know how to deal with it. Should I stay out of relationships for a while, or only have short -term relat./ flings , or should I try to work on the one I have now?

You can choose to fix this shit or not. You know you belong in therapy, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. Whether it would be a waste of time or not is entirely up to you.
    Spammer Spanker

WEll, remember, karma is real.. what ever you give to the world, comes running back to you.. So, I advise that you do it right, break up with him, he cannot stop you from doing it, unless you are emotionally challenged meaning you pity him etc.. be firm about your decision since you dont love him anymore. After you break up, then you could continue on with the other relationship