+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebounding without getting attached. How?

Rebounding without getting attached. How?

So I am a 24 year old freshly single male out of a 6.5 year relationship. The reason I broke up with her was to be able to be free. I developed a "not ready to take the next step" complex and ran with it. I had spent the last few weeks just getting amped up with this incredibly overwhelming feeling of freedom. All I really want to do is have sex with everyone I can right now. I have found that a lot of girls that have been in my life were actually attracted to me the whole time and have said some pretty harsh things about my ex. However, I am three weeks into my single life and I am still un-laid.
    Now for the good part...
    Two nights ago a friend from work stayed the night after we all drank quite a bit. No more than some small kissing and cutting happened but it definitely caught my attention. The next night I end up at her place but yet nothing happened but the same half-foreplay. But today after the both nights I am starting to feel really attached to her maybe even in a needy way. I don't want to be locked down but I guess I subconsciously do. Now the situation itself is crazy enough to hold my attention because she is 35 years young. my ex was 21! I don't know what to do. If I slow it down do you think it will happen or should i just man up and get the job done. I am afraid I will get crushed pretty hard by this women. She is incredibly attractive which makes me wonder why shes single.

Self inflicted. No mercy from my end.

You wanted your freedom... feel free to get hurt over and over and over again.

Nobody said life's fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha, she's going to pound you senseless. Yes you should man up and get the job done.

One thing though, if you've been in a relationship for 6.5 years you're probably not used to wearing condoms. For christ sake's make it an iron clad rule to always wear a condom. It's a f-cking jungle out there, and you only get one dick.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Self inflicted. No mercy from my end.

You wanted your freedom... feel free to get hurt over and over and over again.

Nobody said life's fair.
    F-ck up Ygg. He was with her for 6.5 years and he's 24. He did the right thing, in my opinion.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gintonic, slap one into her and keep on for as long as you want. When you're feeling more attached than you would like, consider what the following year would be like with her, and the year after that, then jump to 6.5 years, where you're in your 30's with only two women on your belt and a child or two you were cajoled into having because of her biological clock.

Also think of her Pedegg'ng the soles of her feet in the middle of the living room while watching Judge Judy 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    F-ck up Ygg. He was with her for 6.5 years and he's 24. He did the right thing, in my opinion.
    I won't. He's just out of a 6.5 year relation and hasn't given himself time to re-ballance, however, he gladly goes after his dick.

How smart is that? That's terror waiting to happen.

Ask yourself this question: plenty of girls 'want' him, nobody bites except one... sounds OK to you?

I have found that a lot of girls that have been in my life were actually attracted to me the whole time and have said some pretty harsh things about my ex. However, I am three weeks into my single life and I am still un-laid.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 02-08-09 at 09:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, you're own fault dude. I think you are a pussy for ending it. And good luck finding anyone else as great with that attitude.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    So what if he is 24? He was in a relationship for 6 1/2 years, and she's probably out of his league anyways. He ****ed up. End of story. I don't support ending committed relationships. I really hope she gets better taste in men. This thread makes me wretch.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Ok well I ended the relationship because it wasn't right anymore. If I was finding myself attracted to many girls, I obviously wasn't attached. She is 21 now and was 15 when we first started dating. Should I have sucked it up and gotten married like she wanted and had children? Then I could have let the feelings I had blow up later on in life right in front of the children? No, I made the right move and even she knows that. It was mutual. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course but Its easy to not face your own issues and call someone else out on it, I know I've done it. I dealt with my issues, now after being in a relationship since 17 I am finally going to figure who I really am. No guilt in the breakup department sorry guys. Its not about that... I am going to test my waters. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    So what if he is 24? He was in a relationship for 6 1/2 years, and she's probably out of his league anyways. He ****ed up. End of story. I don't support ending committed relationships. I really hope she gets better taste in men. This thread makes me wretch.
    You don't support ending committed relationships? Relationships that don't work need to end, regardless of how long they lasted. If he's 24 now and she's 21, that means they started dating when he was 17 and a half and she was 14 and a half! They totally need to get out there and date other people! Maybe they'll get back together in the long run, after they've dated other people, had other experiences, and seen a little more of the world, but to limit themselves to each other, especially when he obviously wants his freedom, would doom them to failure in the long run. What if they had stayed together, gotten married, and realized that maybe they missed out on something? They might have started cheating or decided to break up further down the line, after spending years together.

yeah... remember 17 years old, I wasn't a man yet. She doesn't know what her taste in men are yet because shes only been with one! It would have never worked out. You really must support not dealing with your issues also. And what the F*ck guys just because I was in a relationship for so long means I must be ugly? Wow...

Sex doesn't tell you who you really are - sex is an expression of who you are, there's a not so subtle difference. My ex-husband did the same thing with me. He was a virgin when I met him and felt the urge to sow his seeds. 2 years of partying and now 10 years after our separation, he tells me he regrets it every day.

I hope it doesn't work that way for you, but I'm afraid you're not going to find what you are looking for.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with CB. He was with his ex since he was 18 years old. At 24, he decided he didn't want to get married (the next step), so he ended it. Seems fair to everyone: his ex (she can find someone more suitable/ready for commitment), him b/c he wants to be free to explore his sexuality w/other women.

Its honest, he didn't stay w/her and cheat (something a lot of guys would do). He made the decision to move on & did so before hooking up with someone else.

I don't see anything wrong with this. Have fun w/the cougar, Tonic, you will probably learn a lot from her. Just don't get attached and listen to CB: always wear a condom.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I agree with CB. He was with his ex since he was 18 years old. At 24, he decided he didn't want to get married (the next step), so he ended it. Seems fair to everyone: his ex (she can find someone more suitable/ready for commitment), him b/c he wants to be free to explore his sexuality w/other women.

Its honest, he didn't stay w/her and cheat (something a lot of guys would do). He made the decision to move on & did so before hooking up with someone else.

I don't see anything wrong with this. Have fun w/the cougar, Tonic, you will probably learn a lot from her. Just don't get attached and listen to CB: always wear a condom.
    Interesting perspective. I guess it makes now. He didn't cheat which is good. I guess I can support him now. I just feel bad for the girl.. man 6.5 years is rough to get over. To each their own I guess. Just no hookers, okay?

Interesting perspective. I guess it makes now. He didn't cheat which is good. I guess I can support him now. I just feel bad for the girl.. man 6.5 years is rough to get over. To each their own I guess. Just no hookers, okay?
    Ok thanks Raze. No hookers I promise. The time came for an end and it happened. Its true if she really wants to get married this young then I am sure she is going to find a guy who wants that. I am not in a financial situation that can support marriage and definitely not kids. I'm sorry that I made it sound like my only cause was sex, its not. But as of last night I definitely see that sex with someone new is SOOO exciting. I'm bad I know... just not that bad. And I didn't end up attached!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast