+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going into distance

Going into distance

Hi,
    I don't know where to start, I'll be short...I met this guy-online a month ago. He doesn't live on my continent, but he will be near soon, in two weeks. He is wealthy, he wants to meet me, he bought me ticket already, so I should just go there and thats it. I said yes, beause I never felt anything like this in my whole life, scary and wierd. I might really like this guy!

Why? I don't know where I lost my mind, seriously! This is so not like me.

I feel bad first of all because he will pay me everything. Is that ok, I mean I don't like when guys buy me anything, but this is different since I am still a student and broke to buy a ticket. I feel like some golddigger, but I really want to see him as soon as better, because there are some things in life you just need to know.

Secondly I know this sounds so scary meeting someone you never met before, but we Skyped (okay once-last week), he is real! And I think that if someone spends 2000 dollars on you or more just to see your face is an expensive joke to fool around. Also my very best friend lives in that town we are suposed to meet in, she said she'll take care of me if something goes wrong!

I have 1000 thoughts now in my head. I wanna know just what you think about this whole story?
    What scares me the most is not the fact that I'm going alone on a trip and so on in a foreign country, that my parents think I'm gonna visit my best friend...BTW, my mom got so pissed off, but I said I don't care about it and that I am going in 2 weeks, my dad doesn't know yet I'll tell him tomorrow that I am gonna see my best friend. He'll be pissed off too,lol! But I am an adult, 25 yrs, but still living with them and have some rules! Thats also one problem, but I'll take care of it, no one can't forbide me to go if I saved some money for my trip and decie to go and its only 3 days.

What scares me the most is that I have a really bad feeling, feeling that I'll fall so much in love when I see him! What will I do then? Ok he lives on another continent, ok this is nothing serious, just a friendly meeting, weekend-date, whatever. But everything is possible in life.
    I've seen in his eyes that he really likes me, you can't hide it, I feel the same...Its all so wierd I never dated online, ever. I'm a noob! And now I have million thoughts in my head that scare me.
    But besides this question if me meet, this is what bothers me so much today the most:
    I feel my head is so unstable some how, wtf...Because since we Skyped, he was offline on friday, he came yesterday to ask me if I am going to buy me a ticket. I said I'll tell him in couple of hours. So 4 hours later I said I'll go definately. We haven't talked since then much. I sent him IM today like if he got my message (because he didnt say anything when I said I'm going), he just said hi, nothing much. So I said to him again that I am going and thats it if he still wants me there. He didnt' reply, he went offline 1 hour later...

Why are men such a dicks sometimes? Now I feel bad, I don't know what to think anymore if this trip is still on the road or not...Am I overreacting??? Before this guy told me like he doesn't belive me I like him beause my actions don't show so, I was like wtf? But I told him and explained him things, so it was all ok...I guess he is so insecure about me, I don't know why. I might be mean sometimes and ignore him but I am a woman and guys should be the ones who should pursue them, am I right?

I dont know what to do, I hate playing highschool games, but I have no motivation to call him first, text him or anything in the next 3 days or more. I feel shitty and clueless. I don't wanna bother him so much with my texts did you get me a ticket, are we going blabla, because its annoying eventhought I need to know asap. I think the problem is in me, maybe subconsciouslly I am being a huge bitch to him and I dont even realise it. Afterall I didn't give my responce if i'm going to the trip or not to the guy for 7 days when I think about it...But then again I thought he doesn't want me to come anymore so thats the reason why he didn't buy me a ticket already.LOL. Men-women comunications is sometimes at 0...I don't know what the hell am I going to do and what problems I have that I always like to ignore guys I like, not to text, call and so on them too much all the time, I'm like this. Now I feel shitty because I don't want to talk to him first, I think I should call him...who cares? I just don't want to be that kind of women who pushes guys all the time 24/7 not givig them a time to breathe. But I guess if he likes me, he would like to talk to me all the time when he can, right guys? I feel like I lost my mind getting worried so much with those stupid questions...But I can't help it!
    Last edited by Mila; 05-11-12 at 07:28 AM.

I really don't know what to tell you. Traveling across the world to see a man you've known a month and never met in person sounds scary. You should definitely tell you parents and give them his contact information just in case they need to find your body. (jk, kinda).

Maybe he's having second thoughts as well. It's possible that he was put off by how long you took to make your decision - but it's a pretty big decision so he should be respectful of that. Give him some space and in a few days you can ask him if he was offended by how long it took you to answer. There's really no rush - so don't continue pestering him about it right now.

Haha, no bodies..I know its scary, if I read this post 2 weeks ago, I'd reply something like- girl you are crazy, don't go! But this is all spontaneous, He is going there to take care of business and since he'll be a little closer to me he said he'd like to see me. Thanks for the reply. God, I hate those stupid games, who will call who, why he/she didn't call and son on! Ok, you are right the best thing is to back off for a few days, otherwise I'd be like some neurotic bitch!

I think anyone prepared to do this really needs their head looking at. Seriously, what are you thinking, flying off to meet a man you've never met in person. Are you really that desperate. Don't they have men in your own country?