+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help please i dont know what to do.

Help please i dont know what to do.

Me and my girlfriend met last February though a online internet game. We talked to each other until about august and then began dating. I am going to go meet her for the first time in real life next week. I am ridiculously excited, and she says she is. However even though she has had sexual intercourse several times before she says that because of her new found sense of religion that she wants to wait till marriage. I believe that this is a good thing to wait to actually have sex until we are married but she doesn't want to do anything other than light kissing. this is the first thing that bothers me, because when we first started dating we talked about sex with each other and how much fun it would be and even had phone sex a couple of times, then all of a sudden it was like i flipped a switch and she said we could do it anymore because it made her feel guilty.

Also lately she has been very short with me and we haven't been talking like we usually do. I have asked her about it and she says it is because college just started back up and she is just overloaded. This makes me sad because i feel that we are drifting apart. Also, I am a emotional person, and i believe that when you love someone you should express that love, she however does not. I asked her one day if me telling her my emotions for her bothered her and she said "yes becasue im not there in person, not because she didnt like it." I am so confused right now, i really do love this girl i really do but i don't know what to do. Please give me your opinions/advice

I think you need to slow down a bit. Talking of marriage and you two havn't even met for 'real' yet. Let's find out if there is 'real' chemistry in real life first and before you go promising her this, that and the other. Things can be 'very different' in the real world...and I know you think I'm talking shite and that your situation will be the 'exception', as does everyone in this situation. You may, you may not.....

Also, I think you should 'cool' with your emotions and quit telling her you love her and expecting her to say it back. Truth is that she may not say she loves you and because she doesn't know if she will 'truly' love you and until you meet and it's something she doesn't want to say and until she meets you and knows whether it's love on her part...

I know, I've been there and with a guy like you and whose head was stuck in the clouds, while mine remained firmly planted in the 'reality' of the situation.

If she's still in college she definitely needs space...I'm taking college courses and I have a bigger workload than some of my friends. Sometimes its huge. They sometimes feel like I'm pushing them away but they don't know that I always daydream I could be with them, all carefree and sh*t.

Now of course I don't tell them that because that might get a little weird but can you see what I mean? Just try asking her if she needs space. And space doesn't mean she'll go running off to other guys or anything. It's more just time alone.

Thanks ive been thinking about that if i really thought there was more to this relationship than there actually is. Other opinions would be great too

So i said she is got alot of school worklately but tonight she decided to watch star trak instead of talk to me, and then i acted like i was a ass for getting mad about it. I really dont know what to do. i have a plane ticket to her house already bought or .....idk what i woulddo. fml

Did you ask her if she just prefers to be solitary sometimes? Some people are more introverted and it doesn't mean they don't love you, but social interaction without long periods of solitude exhaust them. I would know.

But then again there is the real possibility something could be up...you need to ask her these questions because as you can see this behavior can be interpreted in a number of ways.

honestly man u hsvnt met this girl in person so u dont even know how she is... phone and internet could be one thing but reality could be a whole other game.. u cant put too much in it and expect too much cause it might hurt u in the future. PLUS dont be too emotional with her your just pushing her away.... But good luck on meeting her... Wish u all the best

Quote Originally Posted by curios View Post
    Did you ask her if she just prefers to be solitary sometimes? Some people are more introverted and it doesn't mean they don't love you, but social interaction without long periods of solitude exhaust them. I would know.

But then again there is the real possibility something could be up...you need to ask her these questions because as you can see this behavior can be interpreted in a number of ways.
    Absolutely. I love my wife more deeply and intensely than I ever thought possible... yet sometimes I want to hide out in the garage and fix bicycles with a cooler of cold beer and some really obnoxious music on the stereo.

its very limited interaction when you just talk with someone online...i stay on facebook with my friends sometimes for hours but it just doesnt equal the depth of talking in person where we can see each others body language, facial expression and tone of voice and we're in the same place experiencing the same things and the whole deal. maybe meet with her a bunch off the net to see if youre even compatible with eachother before getting all excited and stuff.