+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's already got a boyfriend...

She's already got a boyfriend...

Alrighty - here's a little ditty for you. I've met a girl from one of my classes...she's super cute...ok, she's super hot. And after having spoken to her a few times, I discovered she's really nice too. By all accounts she's a really cool girl.

After inquiring about her, I discovered, that she has a long distance boyfriend.

So I know no point in getting involved, but I definately wanna leave the door open for me in the future. Since we run into each other around school, and in the gym and such I see her on occaision, and talk to her breifly. Try to remember to ask her about stuff about her..etc.

Right now I'm thinking I'm best just to keep her as a friendly acquaitance, and keep looking.

What do you think the best way to "leave a door open" with someone is?

Hell, even if you close the door, nine times out of ten, hot girls have hot friends. Ask her to hook you up!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    leave the door open? why would you want to do that? she's already in a relationship and has no current interest in starting another. i think that you should look elsewhere because why wait for someone that isn't interested in you? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Yup. Have to agree with the broken condom boy here. She has a relationship, long distance or not, she has one. Look elsewhere.

LINEBACKER 2

I'm not saying I waiting....

What I'm saying is in the mean time I'm gonna keep looking. But this girl is a cool girl. Am I better off becoming friends with her (which I could do)...and add a friend or should i just keep the distance with the casual harmless flirting, but not explore it cause she's taken.

ok im drunk again...

BUT I JUST FOUND OUT at the party i was at, that the girl in question is "on a break" from a 5 year relationship (3 of which were long distance).....and the thing is the guy who told me was telling me about her, unaware i like her....untill i informed him after HE brought her up....so there might be a little "compettition"

but would one be just a rebound after 5 years...or does that much long distance make it possible?

Sounds like the long distance thing is taking it's toll on her. That might be good for you I would think that since she is on a break from her old boyfriend, it would leave a bit of room for you or some other guy to come along and show her that dateing someone else can be good for her. Sure, she might be rebounding, but, it is still worth investigateing.

Grab your b@lls. Get her number and go out with her.
    I'm waiting to be impressed...

Now that is the kind of reply I was expecting. "sigh" players are SO predictable.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Originally posted by Killerbabe
    Now that is the kind of reply I was expecting. "sigh" players are SO predictable.
    Is that why you're dating "one?"

Anyway, I don't know the whole story but I was in a similar situation once. There was this cute Asian chick (3 years older, oops!) in one of my classes and she was hot/smart/cute/nice but she had a man, who was even older than her , so, I stopped flirting because I didn't see this going to far, then when class was over at the end of the semester we were all in class chatting and as its about time to leave I walk up to her, give her a hug, and non-chalantly but confidently say, "Give me a call when you dump your man, you'll know how to find me." Time goes by and I've completely forgotten about her, then one day, I hear a voicemail on my phone saying, "Hey, its XXX, remember, we had a class together? Anyway, I'm just calling to see if you're available and want to hang out sometime. Give me a call, my number is xxx-xxxxx, bye." I don't know if this will always work but I know it saved me out on lots of unneeded stress.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 05-12-03 at 08:22 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I'm not dating a "player". I'm dating the most amazing man ever who's dedicated to me from the heart.
    I have it all. Including kino.

But you said he was a player... Killer, a guy can be a player and be dedicated to one woman. So, bottomline, women want PLAYERS... they don't want to be PLAYED... but they want PLAYERS.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    But you said he was a player... Killer, a guy can be a player and be dedicated to one woman. So, bottomline, women want PLAYERS... they don't want to be PLAYED... but they want PLAYERS.
    who are you trying to convince here? Killa or yourself?

Women want "A MAN". They have some player like qualiies but the GOOD ones, The ones were confidence is envloved.

i am bot trying ot start a fight, i truly believe what your saying but like I said only the good qualities of a playa.. maybe they grow out of the bad..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Lol Jane,

I don't need to convince myself. I just think women are attracted to players. Of course, if you reread my definition of player being one does not mean taht he "plays" women, just that he has game like a player.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    Is that why you're dating "one?"

why are you always pickin on her! man ... your mean!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast