+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh god, she's 21!

Oh god, she's 21!

Ok, so their's a girl in one of my classes who I've been talking with some over the last week or so (the same girl from an earlier topic). She's really quiet for the most part but when I've talked to her she's had a lot more to say.

Well, I'm a myspace user and I go to make her my friend and what do you know she's 21. I'm 18... a freshmen. The subject of age has never come up when we've been talking. I considered the possibility that it could be not true as many peoples myspace ages are, so I looked at several of her friends and most of them were in their 20's as well. This is very discouraging because their are a lot of things that make life different for an 18 year old as compared to a 21 year old. She didn't look 21, damn.

My question for everyone here is, should I just give up on the whole thing... or continue talking with her and if I find I really like her ask her out anyway. Just so everyone knows, I'm leaning toward the first option.

personally I dont give a damn about ages (within reason that is). It's all about personality. If there's chemistry, go for it.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Sure, go for it, but don't be surprised if she isn't interested. Your age gap would be a problem for some girls, but not others.

When I was 21, I would've thought a boy of 18 too young.

Many years later......I think I passed up on too many good opportunities because of that silly attitude!

Not every girl is as silly as me = so go for it!

Personally I wouldn't go out with someone younger than 20. It all depends on the maturity of the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Tone Guest
    You guys aren't about to get married... for all you know you might turn out to be really great friends... so yeah - keep goin with it.

Just because you MIGHT not end up dating doesn't mean it's a lost cause.

Thanks for the advice guys... I just don't know what to think. She seemed like she enjoyed talking to me. Even if she doesn't mind the age difference, I might. I've never even been interested in anyone more than a year older than me before, so this is a brand new concept. I was planning on my first college relationship to be with someone who was my age.

I'm so confused.

I'm 20, and I like a guy who's 18. The age thing kinda weirds me out in some ways, and it might even more if I were 21, (since 21 and 18 are big milestones that mean very different things in our culture) but I would never think of it as a determining factor.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, there's no reason not to give it a try, you could end up with a friend at least.

I personally couldn't date a guy that much younger than me, but it's not like it's never happened in history. You'll probably find though, that most girls are a little reluctant to date guys younger than them.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    Yeah, there's no reason not to give it a try, you could end up with a friend at least.
    I'm sure that's just what he wants.

Get a fake ID, a good one, and it shouldn't be a problem.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I'm sure that's just what he wants.

Get a fake ID, a good one, and it shouldn't be a problem.
    Lol Lloyd, that might not be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    You'll probably find though, that most girls are a little reluctant to date guys younger than them.
    Until you're my age. That's all I seem to attract is the younger men.

Oh, and really old gross ones!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaven
    She didn't look 21, damn
    girls dont really change physically after 16 ... until they reach somewhere between 23 and 25 .

They dont grow anymore , they finished maturing physically , the only change can be either by weight (meaning they can gain lose breast/ass, curvs/flatten) and their style ... usually clothing and makeup wich makes them look older... more mature and decent than if they wear super tight teenage cloths .

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Until you're my age. That's all I seem to attract is the younger men.

Oh, and really old gross ones!
    Ick, I get the really old gross ones asking me out all the time. I'm so tempted to say, "Hey, my mom's single, do you want HER number?" Mind you, I'd never hook up my mom with a creep that would try to pick up someone young enough to be his kid.

I've only recently started to get 'younger' guys asking me out. It freaks me out, because I'm like uh oh, now I'm getting old enough that there's actually guys out there that are too young for me to date.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Older guys>Younger guys

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast