+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what happened?

what happened?

Hi ya!
    Let me start off me telling few things about myself. I m 23 male never been in relationship I wanted to but somehow managed not to. I m average looking and do get some attention from girls. I m very shy, nervous and awkward around girls I like, so I always manage to do something unnecessary. Also I was a depressed pothead, who still smokes but in control now. I do have lots of stress and problems in life like everyone else and especially I m being too hard on myself most of the times.
    Whats bothering me is A girl I met few months ago at her work place, I liked her the first moment I saw her, she was sweet and she helped me. I went there few times after that we didn't really get to talk I was too nervous, she always had that big smile and we had those moments. After long gap .. busy hectic weeks 4 weeks 4 days to be exact// I went back there today, she seem sad and there was something wrong, she also had lost weight..It could not mean anything related to me..Anyways I could see all those things then but I was on auto pilot mode..like I m most of the time barely manage to be fully awake...I come home and realize this..I wanted to talk to her..so bad. I just could not get myself together and talk to her and it didn't help either with her acting so weird today..she did come close I got panic attack! or whatever that was. I was so shy I acted like complete jerk ignoring her that way. Uh I think my chances have gone..even tho I like her so much I guess I blew it months before? Should I never go back there and let her move on? The other staffs know about it too and I m making it hard on her. As for me well I never seem to learn the lesson I was probably born to be a monk.

What are you asking? You had a chance and blew it.....you know the answer and how to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    What are you asking? You had a chance and blew it.....you know the answer and how to fix it
    How do i fix it? please tell me

Quote Originally Posted by dumb View Post
    How do i fix it? please tell me
    smile and talk to her next time

Running away will not fix your chances with this girl or any other. You really need to get over your fear of rejection. Its better to try and fail than not try at all! So go for it. Even if it doesn't get you anywhere with this girl, it may with the next
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

So you got shy and weren't able to talk to her today? Big deal. Just try again next time you're there. It's never too late to try and be friendly to somebody.

Keep in mind though that she's just a person. She's attractive and nice, so it's worth making some effort to get to know her better. You don't know much else about her, though, so it's not worth building her up in your mind too much yet. For all you know, if you ever get to go on a couple of dates with her, you may end up not even liking her.

I used to do the same thing with guys I liked. I'd get hung up on a particular guy for a while and think he was something incredibly rare. Consequently, I'd end up being too shy to speak to him. Then I wouldn't give anybody else a fair chance because I was already stuck with the idea that they wouldn't be as incredible as the person I liked. I was also single until the age of 23 because of this. Once I realized that the love of my life could be somebody I wasn't immediately attracted to, but fell in love with after a while, I had much better luck.

So try talking to her. But get to know other girls as well. Keep in mind that she is just one of many opportunities you have to meet someone. You don't really know her well enough to know if she would be better than a lot of other girls. Just try to relax and have fun with the process of meeting people. If you miss the chance with one girl, another one will come along.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy