+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Olympics

Summer Olympics

Has anyone been watching it this year? This has been such a great week in Olympic History, lots of record breakers!

I love watching the Olympics! It's great to see so many countries come together and compete, and no matter who wins, its nice to see that the other countries MOST of the time are happy for the medalists.

Ive been watching womens softball in the mornings, the USA's pitcher, OMFG she is so great to watch! She can whip that damn ball! I just love the Summer Games vs. Winter.

Watching recaps on the Today Show is the best! Seeing Katie(whom I really dont like at all) Matt, and Al(whom I do) try some of the sports is freakn hilarious! I missed those two trying synchronized swimming this moringing.

Anyway~its been great, and Im really looking forward to catching up some of the events over the weekend. I actually WILL CRY at some of our USA gold medalists, just watching them as they play our anthem and see the hard work and pride they have as they are on the podium. Its fantastic!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I like the Olympics. I'm really surprised at the bust in attendance they turned out to be for Athens. If I had the money and vacation days, I'd be there. I'll have to go for sure to one before I die.

Yeah, there are ALWAYS record breaking performances in every Olympics. Obvious proof that we keep evolving. Imagine if we could go back in time. Even the most average athlete today would be a super athlete in the first olympics, or even just some one hundred years back.

The coverage really does a good job at gripping at your emotions too...with the subplots and music in the background while they show some expression in their face.

Ah, nostalgia..

Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel
    Ive been watching womens softball in the mornings, the USA's pitcher, OMFG she is so great to watch!
    Oh yeah. I fantasize about her VERY often. WHAT A HOTTIE!!!

Yes. I watch the olympics when I can. And I enjoy doing so. What really gets me is when (after turning it off) I sit back and think to myself that these are LITERALLY the best in the WORLD. The finalist is the ultimate out of more than six BILLIoN people.

And think about how also all (most) of them are amateurs. For most sports, these are people who have fulltime jobs and train on the side. It really motivates me when I'm thinking to myself, "Hmmm. I don't feel like doing pullups today. I mean, what's the point?" Then I think, "What if _______ was thinking the same thing four years ago?". And I realize that the extra pain and suffering now will pay off in time.

Try thinking about that when you feel like "giving up" on something.

Rod Steele

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Try thinking about that when you feel like "giving up" on something.

Rod Steele
    What EXCELLENT advice!!!! You know, I never thought of it that way, but how right you are. Squirt, are you hearing this?? Motivation girl!

I know I know, thats what makes me think more and more about wanting that great shape. All the hard work these athletes put into it. Shoot but I dont have time 6 hours plus a day to train like that...but it makes me definetly want it more.

It stinks though...cause i want to watch the games in the afternoon and all thats been on is boxing, that I cant watch.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

i like the gymnastics and the swimming. i love the olympics. my mom has been watching it 24-7 she is so cute!!!

I like the spirit involved too. All the perseverance and never say die attitude. And the sportsmanship too Personally I am nearing my examination period so I don't have much time, so I'm only watching the Singaporean athletes. Sigh... quite a disappointment actually...

I know how you feel GB. Look at those dumbass Canadians. 'ah, excuse me dudes, but you're in the wrong lane, eh? Sorry but you're disqualified.'
    Good lord. Talk about embarrassing moments.

(I'm from Canada so I can say that. Hey Zekk, here's my impression of those two Canadian dudes when they found out they were in the wrong lane......"what's going on, eh?" lmao TOO Funny!)
    Last edited by Breezy18; 22-08-04 at 12:36 PM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    me and my friends were watching it last night. and when the weight lifting portion came on we tripped out. damn did you see that chinese women?? she's like 4 times my size, literally. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://home.earthlink.net/~john_ra/olympicdream.mpg[/url]

totally cracked up on this one ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

[url]http://www.myjokemail.com/cartoons/EndOfTheWorld.shtml[/url]

Breeze reminded me of this one. Has anyone ever seen it? You probably need some pretty high speed connection to download and view it, but it's so freaking hilarious. I think it's among the funniest things things I've seen on the internet.

If you see it, tell me what you think.

Freddie

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahaha ****ing nomas that was ****ing funny. i love how the meteor was like "oh **** that" and totally changed course. i'm gonna make a new thread of this and sticky it so everyone can see it. raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow tooshort, i just watched your olympic link too and that was dick. imagine that, training your entire life only to fall when it matters most. that sucks. raverboy

what does "sticky" it mean? I saw the little icon, but don't know what it means.

Freddie

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    when you sticky a thread, it will always appear at the top of the forum until it becomes unstuck. its' just the post that people will always see first, and it will catch their eye. that will make sure that everyone gets a good laugh like i did. raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast