+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Let's hear it for a hair brain plan that actually went right!

Let's hear it for a hair brain plan that actually went right!

So Peter got the crossword puzzle book yesterday and he called me today at work!!!!!

However, when he called I answered the phone and he asked if it was me and when I said it was he said it was Peter - - I was floored for a minute trying to determine who Peter was and then when he said something about having gotten the gift in the mail I was allllll smiles!

We talked for a few minutes, and then I had to get back to work.

Despite the fact the conversation went very smoothly and I got the impression that we were enjoying talking to each other - I offered him my home number and he promised to call THE NEXT TIME HE WAS IN TOWN?!?!?! (and he didn't know when that would be.) However, he did tell me if I was ever in Panama City I had a tour guide.

So what now? He didn't give me his phone number, but he now has mine. Do I bask in the glow of this call and hope that he calls me soon? Remember we are Southerners.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

If anything, you can be glad you have a "next time we meet" date waiting to happen. Of course, you should probably think about dating other guys you meet too as Peter isn't going to be around much to really enjoy. But if you guys to date in the future, and things go well, then you're free to decide where you'd like it to go. But hey, good for you that a sweet gesture was appreciated. :-)
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

Awesome Jules!!! See those nice little extras are appreciated arent they?

Oooh girl this is great news! BUT-dont set your expectations too high here waiting for that call-keep the expectations low keep busy and when he does call you'll be that much more excited! (almost forget that he has your number.) This way while youre out with friends and other potential datees and you come home to his message-you WILL be basking in your glory gal!!!

Im so happy for you sweetie!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

So I have this delicate balance going . . .I don't want Paul to feel in the middle and yet I don't want him to feel like I am avoiding him. So I called and said -

"Hey I hear Peter has a stalker!" I then told him about the book and we laughed. However as my unofficial big brother and Peter's actual brother he asked me if I had been listening to all the stories that he told about Peter. (I laughed and said yes!)

However, Amy (Paul's girlfriend) emailed me today to let me know that Peter called and asked Paul what the crossword puzzle book meant. Paul confessed that he had no idea. (Hmm, well there was a card with the book that says - "I saw this and thought of you" - - yeah I'm a pretty hard nut to crack!)

(And of course Bono and Squirrley, you are both right and I have every intention of continuing to date other people - I don't owe anyone anything at this stage in the game.)

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Look out men...another hottie on the loose! WAHOO Jules!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Yep - - last night I pulled my little black dress out of retirement
    Last edited by jslaughter; 15-07-04 at 03:58 AM.