+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I know I made the right decision?

How do I know I made the right decision?

So I was in a relationship for four years. The man and I got engaged and three months later i discovered he was texting my bestfriend behind my back. After a few months I took him back. Then I discovered he was texting someone else behind my back. We broke up and didn't talk for 7 months. I eventually took him back after those 7 months. We got engaged again but things were not the same. He treated me poorly and I just could not forgive him.

We have not been together again for a few months and I just recently relocated.

Why is it so hard for me to get over him? I know I made the right choice but I still love him and feel like maybe he was the one for me? But then I realize that is silly and I deserve better. I guess it is hard to get over someone when they are texting and calling you telling you they will change and they love you and cannot live without you.

Does anyone have any advice to get over this ?

Only advice is what u don't wanna hear....go no contact delete his number fb everything. Don't respond to him or call him ever again. He doesn't love u.all the words about loving u are BS

He's not going to change and if you were to marry him, he will have affairs on you left right and centre. He did NOT learn a lesson or feel remorse the first time he cheated on you and went on to do exactly the same thing again, Block and delete his bullshit and start the rehab process of cleansing yourself from the habit of having him in your life.

(although you don't state that he was sexting but simply "texting" so I'm not sure where he actually did anything wrong. What were the nature of the texts?)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You made the right decision and the only way to stick by it is to completely cut him off. If you're continuing to keep in touch, it'll only make you doubt yourself. It may seem difficult at first but time will pass and you'll forget why you were ever hung up on the jerk. You deserve better, don't let him interfere with your future.

Yes very tough on the ol' ticker when they continue to tell you what you want to hear but at the same time, you know their actions are louder than any words and in his case, his actions are not something your willing to live with. and you'd be right.....
    I think you made the right choice. If only more people would have the courage of their convictions to follow through like you did... Good on you lady. Still, doesn't make it any easier in the here and now does it.. No.
    I would imagine that if you start going out a little more, maybe even attempt a casual date with someone new or at least pick up a new hobby or go out with the girls, you'd find your mind and heart thinking less and less of him.

We'll always remember the good times over the bad, especially when we miss them. BUT, don't forget the other times, the times you knew were over the top laced with suspicious activities. And btw, you should get yourself a new best friend. Why didn't she tell you he was texting her? That's got to hurt some.
    anyway lady, in my humble opinion, you did the right thing. You should be proud of yourself for standing up and saying, 'f___ this', I'm outta here.' and actually following through. Many of us do not. So, Good on YOU....... seriously, brave woman. Go out and have some fun. Time will help you. By closing the door on mr.wrong your showing the Universe your level of self worth, showing it that you won't stand for mistreatment and when you do this, the Universe assists and abides.
    Stay strong.
    Mr. 'right for you' is around, somewhere right this second wondering where you are or if you even exist. At least now your free.... REjoice Lady, you made the right decision.
    Last edited by woody; 22-02-15 at 10:06 AM.