+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a good friend

Dating a good friend

I've been friends with this girl for several years now and i have much respect for her but i dont want to destroy our friendship by telling her how i really feel.

I was friends with her through out high school but was always to shy to ask her out and would just say ill do it another time. Now shes in her 2nd year of college and we dont talk as much beacuse she moved out of her house, but we hang out from time to time. The problems are i dont want to ruin our friendship and the Dickhead loser shes dating, a guy who would put shit in her drinks to get her ****ed up, and from what i was told that is why she lost her virginity. We went out several days ago again but i dont know how to tell wether she sees me as anymore than a friend.

I know for a fact from one of her friends that if i had asked her out when i had the chance she would have said yes, but what should i do now.

Quote Originally Posted by tman2001
    I've been friends with this girl for several years now and i have much respect for her but i dont want to destroy our friendship by telling her how i really feel.

I was friends with her through out high school but was always to shy to ask her out and would just say ill do it another time. Now shes in her 2nd year of college and we dont talk as much beacuse she moved out of her house, but we hang out from time to time. The problems are i dont want to ruin our friendship and the Dickhead loser shes dating, a guy who would put shit in her drinks to get her ****ed up, and from what i was told that is why she lost her virginity. We went out several days ago again but i dont know how to tell wether she sees me as anymore than a friend.

I know for a fact from one of her friends that if i had asked her out when i had the chance she would have said yes, but what should i do now.
    Go for it. If she's a true friend, she'll respect you for who you are and she might consider you relationship material.

Quote Originally Posted by tman2001

im in almost this same situation except her boyfriend isnt quite that much of an ass.. I have pretty much come to the point where im letting her do what she needs to , i told her how i felt and thats all i can do.

tell her how you feel i doubt shes going to take it wrong if shes a good friend. other than that its up to her. you did your part/

How should i bring it up to her and the thing that i have a hard time deciding when and where

ask her if she have had tryed dating a friend before and does she think about the concept see, if she is cool with it or not, then say that you liked her and you really want to try to be more than friends and the reason why i didn't ask you before, is i didn't want to ruin our friendship bla bla bla

What are the odds that she would actually leave her boyfriend to start seeing someone right away