+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Took Me 40 years, but...

It Took Me 40 years, but...

So, off to the dentist yesterday. The hygienist is a HUGE flirt. Tells me that its a shame we met when we did (a few years ago) because if I'd met her three months earlier than that time, she'd have pursued me (note: she'd met her current boyfriend a few months before she met me as a patient). A normal teeth cleaning is like 30-45 minutes...she spends 2.5 hours doing my teeth cleaning. Lots of chitter-chatter. Also, ALWAYS a very long hug at the end.

Also, she introduces me to another hygienist who is SMOKING HOT from the neck down (the face is middle aged, but the body is 25 and athletic). The other hygienist is single, so I'm told, and she stopped by to talk several times and made it a point of giving me the full-on eye contact, etc. Probably a MILF, I'm almost betting on that.

Intellectually, there is no connection...we're simply different people and I know it would not work beyond sex.

Okay, Old Cameron would have jumped right in. Why? Largely because women today give this image that they are very cavalier about sex and looking for the casual encounter.

The New Cameron won't jump right in for easy action. Why not? Well, here's the lesson I've learned (at age 40, but whatever...never too late, I suppose):

Regardless of what they are projecting, sex is almost NEVER casual for a woman. In the old days, they projected the image of sex IF you (man) were serious. In the modern era, they project the image of sex, just for fun...but, in both cases the projection is most often simply a method of attraction for a deeper purpose.

So, lesson to the guys...no matter how easy (or difficult) the sex appears to be, the appearance is a projection but the purpose of the projection is the same as it has always been.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just when you think you finally figured us out, there are new things to learn.

There are indeed women in your age range who want casual sex. Once their kids are grown, if they are financially stable, some women don't want to be bothered with being married or all the drama of relationships.

Of course, this isn't to say any of those women you speak of fit in that category, but I know a number of women who enjoy their freedom in the 40ish age range, and don't want to be saddled up again.

Probably right.

Truth be told, I'm always 90 degrees out of phase when it comes to understanding women. Probably while things will never work out for me in that way.

Yes, the smoking hot dental assistant was doing her full-court press on me...returning to speak with her friend my hygienist and yet, when speaking to her, always talking to me in terms of eye contact. It was pretty obvious, even for a guy as socially blind as myself.

The whole thing...like, "let's check Cameron's blood pressure and pulse rate (each gave it a try)." And, "Oh, you're pulse rate is only 55? Hmmm (smile here)." And, playing games with the water squirter when rinsing my mouth. And, at the end, long q-tip with Vasoline to "get those nice lips of yours plumped up for kissing." And, would you autograph your article for me (printed off and waiting for me when I arrived at the office.

So, full court press, as far as I can tell.

Nevertheless, I'm convinced that I'm no good socially because I never quite get it right, as you can tell, in understanding women.

But, is there any truth at all to what I said about women and my sense that it is projection with a similar purpose?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    but I know a number of women who enjoy their freedom in the 40ish age range, and don't want to be saddled up again.
    I don't know that many, but yes, there are definitely women like this out there. Young moms w/kids grown up who either divorced or lost their husband. Yep.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think I'd ever get married again at my age if I was ever available to. Whatever for?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    And, would you autograph your article for me (printed off and waiting for me when I arrived at the office.

So, full court press, as far as I can tell.
    LOL! Nice one Cam, I almost missed this comment. Ha.

Did they read it? Understand it?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't think I'd ever get married again at my age if I was ever available to. Whatever for?
    I'm quite sure I wouldn't bother. I don't want any more kids, so there is no point.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not that you know the tiniest thing about my marriage (LOL at that thought!), but this really isn't a matter of marital quality. Marriage serves a specific purpose to my mind: to create a stable background in which to raise kids. If you don't want kids, why bother? You can get everything else without having to be responsible to another person.

nah dopple i think it can be more 'been there, done that' as well as not wanting more kids too and therefore no need
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would keep a 'husband' type as a pool boy if I liked him enough, no problem. Same for him; I'll be his pool girl. I just wouldn't marry him.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yup - poolboys and casual boyfriends are highly underrated.

I love being married. Love it. I just married the wrong guy the first time around.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Truth be told, I'm always 90 degrees out of phase when it comes to understanding women.
    You almost made me spit out my soda while laughing.

NOBODY understands women. They don't even understand themselves.

Never try to make sense of a woman. That's like trying to make sense of weather patterns... actually, you'd have better luck trying to make sense of weather patterns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL! Nice one Cam, I almost missed this comment. Ha.

Did they read it? Understand it?
    Probably didn't understand it. It was a pooled time series using multinominal logistic regression.

Maybe statistics makes them horny?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You almost made me spit out my soda while laughing.

NOBODY understands women. They don't even understand themselves.

Never try to make sense of a woman. That's like trying to make sense of weather patterns... actually, you'd have better luck trying to make sense of weather patterns.
    I'm betting that you are on to something here Nevertheless, I'm not a go-with-the-flow (no pun intended) type of a guy, so I tend not to respond well to changing conditions.

As in the case of rain or stormy weather, metaphorically speaking, I tend to just want to pick up my toys, go home, and have some rice pudding for me (with a bit of whipping cream and nutmeg on top), and escape into a book.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I love being married. Love it. .
    How is it different for you at this point than living together was? I mean, do you plan for more babies?

I will concede that I have heard it said that only married women talk as though they wouldn't remarry... who knows? Maybe that's true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast