+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Situation

Weird Situation

Okay here goes, im 18, never been on date, never had girlfriend, virgin. I met a beautiful girl named Tara last year at a fair and ever since then weve been close friends for over a year and i've been in love with her ever since I first met her. The thing is though she has a boyfriend who shes on/off with every other week, she gets pissed breaks up with him and then a week later there back together rinse and repeat that for the past year and some major damage to his car too from her. I asked her if she liked me last week and she said .."as a friend", yet she calls me every day and wants to be with me all the time!! She barely sees her boyfriend compared to me!! And we dont go out that often when we chill, so I know shes not using me for my car. So im just clueless right now about what if anything I should do and I hope somebody can help me out on this.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like shes in a crappy situation with her bf....but yet she keeps going back to him... Sigh....i dont understand things like that. Anyways.....it sounds to me like she just views you as a friend. I mean she told you that and theres nothing you can really do to change her mind. It does sound to me though like shes very greatful to have you. I mean going thru all that I would need a good friend to lean on for support. But, I wouldn't get your hopes up about her changing her mind. Chances are it won't happen. But if you can bear to.....stay her friend and support her and encourage her to do the right thing....(like ending things with her bf and finding a guy who deserves her). It might not be you......but in the long run you do want her to be happy right?

Whats this about her doing major damage to his car?

About the damage to his car, every time she gets mad at him she goes all out on his heavily modified Hyundai Tiburon, it used to look like a show car, but not anymore... and I do want her to be happy and any decision she makes is hers and hers only, the thing is the signs I get from her are really hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwu La Flagga
    heavily modified Hyundai Tiburon
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your not the only one laughing lol. He hit a curb going 80 and sheared his whole body kit off, from the front bumper to the rear.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes I see why OV laughed....its a Hyundai.......lol....

Anyways.....she sounds like she has alot of anger and agression to work out. I know I wouldn't want her pissed at me.......
    (envisioning my poor toyota).....

Anyways....I think you are taking the signs and overanalyzing them. I mean unless she goes up to you and kisses you......pretty much everything else is just signs she likes you as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Yes I see why OV laughed....its a Hyundai.......lol....

Anyways.....she sounds like she has alot of anger and agression to work out. I know I wouldn't want her pissed at me.......
    (envisioning my poor toyota).....

Anyways....I think you are taking the signs and overanalyzing them. I mean unless she goes up to you and kisses you......pretty much everything else is just signs she likes you as a friend.
    Yea I think you put it really good in my case, I never thought of it like that. Hopefully things will get lucky for me eventually.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah and if you don't then there are other people. But be her friend and support her. I mean maybe someday by chance she will see you as more then just a friend and things will work out. But I wouldn't dwell on it.

Your not the only one laughing lol. He hit a curb going 80 and sheared his whole body kit off, from the front bumper to the rear.

LoL, its not funny because its a haundi or how ever you spell that crappy cars name..its funny cause its heavily modified..probably all riced out like in fast and furious....lol.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The fact that its a hyundai and its all modified is enough to make me laugh. It's like why even bother?? But oh well....Just my opinion. Its kinda like souping up a Kia Rio.......lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    The fact that its a hyundai and its all modified is enough to make me laugh. It's like why even bother?? But oh well....Just my opinion. Its kinda like souping up a Kia Rio.......lmao.
    Yea, my opinion as well. A guy in a hyundai walked up to my father who was standing next to his weekend joy car( my dad owns a f355 ferrari) and said " Why bother? you can make something else faster for less"..some people just dont get it . Oh well..umm..lets not hi-jack the thread by turning it into cars lol.

On the situation though. I think people who are that angry at each other and break on and off like that will eventually go seprate ways...just wait and be patient maybe?

Scion Tc is a nice looking car.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My friend has a Scion TC. Its really nice and I drove it and its pretty fast for a Scion..... Cool interior lights in the dash on the radio. Changes colors....and the roof is mostly glass.

So im just clueless right now about what if anything I should do and I hope somebody can help me out on this.
    See this situation alot, you may well be her best friend but that is all you are, and ever will be while you remain as close to her as you are. Reasons for this simply include:

A. She doesn't want to ruin your friendship
    B. She does not see you as boyfriend material, and she clearly knows that as she has been close friends for the past year.
    C. You are probably to nice, as a result you come across as being extremely easy to go out with. Very few people will take what is readily available to them.
    D. Girls rarely tend to go out with the guys whom they are closest to.

I know it sounds weird, but the way I see it is if you want to go out with her then your best shot is probably by distancing yourself from her somewhat, act like a bit of a jerk around her, though not to much so, just tease her a bit. Advertise youself as the kind of fun loving guy whom she would want to go out with, and try to hide the fact that you want to be with her, because it could be very akward if she thinks that. Girl's will never go out with the nice guy, I know that from experience, because it comes accross that you want something from her, and it can also come accross as being kind of desperate.
    Last edited by Airborne; 16-08-05 at 04:44 PM.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Distancing yourself can help....cuz she may realize how important you are to her and how much she enjoys being around you. I mean this may trigger some feelings.....
    Just please don't be a dick to her. I fear it will push her away(not to mention what she might do to your car). Just don't be so readily available and see how she reacts. Sometimes ....and I mean Sometimes.....that can work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast