+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friend thing

friend thing

Hey everyone, kinda in a dilema. There this girl right, go to college with her shes 24 and has a kid. Problem I think is im 19. She thinks thats too big of an age difference which I can see, cuz i think shes big in going to bars which i couldnt do. Anyway, i kinda made it known to her a long time ago i was interested but she let me know about the age difference and we're just friends. im sure everyone has something like this question, how can i make it more than just friends. today we had our last class together and we ended up goin on a field trip and she rode with me in my car. we're both increidlby flirty around eachother but today it was like ridiculous lol.. i think i really like her, but seem to run into this issue of liking my friends, which i dont think is a bad thing, the best and strongest relationships are built off of friendship. anyway, i seem to run into this issue quite a bit, then when i try to not date a friend i'm not really interested.. any ideas on how to help thanks!!!

scott

Honestly, I think you should walk away. You're only 19... too young to be a father... and that's what you'd be if you got involved with this girl.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The age issue has far more to do with the fact that she can go to bars and you can't. She has a CHILD. At 19, you are in no position to be trying to take on a daddy role, so you're better off as just friends.

Quite frankly, when I was 24 there'd be no way in hell I'd ever date a 19 year old, just to give you some female perspective. Most women will agree with me on that.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think her flirtiness can be related to her having a child at such a young age... she is probably missing her carefree younger days.

I agree with the others - the developmental stages for the two of you are way too vast. You are nowhere NEAR old enough to be dealing with child issues. Walk away, my friend.