+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get a Guy who's out of your league???

How to get a Guy who's out of your league???

...The title pretty much says it all. He's absolutely perfect. I've been dreaming and drooling over him for at least 6 months now and haven't been interested in anyone else since. He's literally (IMO) the perfect boy; the pastor at his church was even talking about what a beautiful soul he has! And the few times I have spoken to him, he was the nicest person I'd ever encountered! I know since I don't know him that well it's probably just infatuation, but I'd die to make it something more than that. I'd even just like to be friends with him to get to know him better.

But the problems are...1) he's way out of my league in almost every aspect. He's gorgeous and I'm below average (especially with my glasses on, they make my face look weird). 2) He's upper middle class and I'm pretty poor. I've noticed a very big socioeconomic divide in our school. 3) I don't know how to approach him without looking like a creep/can't come up with reasons to approach him. 4) I can *never* get him alone. He's always with a clique or one other person. 5) I don't know a lot about him so I don't know what would be a good conversation starter. All I know through the grapevine and the few times I've met him is that he's an angel and smokes weed.

I guess I'm just sick of staring at him and would like to actually talk to him. And plus it's really hard for people to think I'm not weird because it's usually pretty obvious that I am. For example I'm terribly afraid of germs so I can only touch door knobs with a napkin, don't like touching desks, etc., plus I'm a quiet 'loner' with like, 2 friends. The only people I ever attract are...well, people like me ('nerds').
    How can I fix this? Help?!

I'd love the answer to this question too!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Stop staring at him and make a move. Or just whinge to us about he's so out of your league. How old are you - 14?

Just ask him out. Guys love it when they get attention from females - even if it's from someone they're not particularly interested in. If he's a truly nice guy, the worst that can happen is that he'll simply say "no", and then you and he can move on.
    Last edited by johhnymac; 19-01-11 at 02:50 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm gonna be realistic and you're not gonna like it. If you're as geeky as you claim you are and he's as popular as you say he is at your age (highschool) you don't have a chance. And if you *need* to know for sure you HAVE TO approach him alone or not. And to approach him you HAVE to think of something to say. There is no 2 ways about it. I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you but I sincerely doubt anything will happen between you two. Girls and boys alike when they're too good to be true like your guy seems to be he's the cream of the crop and he's got his choice of pickings and if you're not at the top (as you claim you're not) it probably isn't going to happen.

And for those who say there isn't leagues- who are you kidding?

Yeah I thought that might be true. It's why I've been waiting so long...I never thought I had a chance but my liking of him just grows and grows. He definitely could have a number of other girls if he tried. I've been thinking about him all week and even wrote short a poem I intended to give him but that's a little forward so I just kept it (probably a good decision). My friend liked it but she advised me to burn it because it makes me look like a stalker (but I'm not, lol).

and @ johnnymac...the last guy I tried (which was like 2 years ago) did like the attention even though he turned me down so I guess you're right. It still hurt, though. I'd like to be a bit more than an ego booster in the future though.

Do you think there's any chance we could at least be friends then?
    Last edited by AlanaKurzinjek; 19-01-11 at 03:10 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you either need to muster up and try talking to him (get rejected) and be able to move on. OR just move on. You'll have to give it your best shot, when you think about him snap out of it and think about someone else. When you think about how cute he is choose another cute boy to focus on. Or start thinking about how long he's essentially ignored you for and start thinking about how much of a buttface he is... stuff like that just constantly tell your brain that it ain't ever gonna happen for various reasons and eventually you should start beleiveing it and be able to move on.

You do seem sweet though so don't put yourself down just try to get over him.

Why do you want to be with this guy? Do you have anything in common? I mean, if he were to fall madly in love with you and think you were the hottest girl he had ever seen...what would you talk about?

If you just like him because he is hot and has your preacher's blessing (guessing the beautiful soul preacher doesn't know about the weed?), then you are being amazingly superficial. Why don't you try to find a guy who you like for what's inside and your shared interests instead of daydreaming about a guy you never even talk to?

Agree with Girl.....way too much of a mis match.

Well anyway thanks guys...and no I don't think the church authorities know about the weed...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    And for those who say there isn't leagues- who are you kidding?
    Am I allowed to start a discussion on this?

i duno about giving up. my friend who isn't rich, slight fat and below avg looking has a gorgeous commercial pilot boyfriend who looks like a model. what she has is charisma and fun to talk to. it works both ways i guess.
    it really depends on what people see in each other. also age has a lot to do with it as well...the more mature you are the more you tend to look pass the aesthetics. young guys generally go for the hot chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaKurzinjek View Post
    smokes weed.
    Ding ding ding!

That's it right there.

I'm not advocating drug use here, but if you're into that sort of thing you could use it to your advantage. Nobody smokes weed alone. Okay, that's a total lie, but it's a really easy way to meet people. Ask him if he wants to smoke with you and your friends, if he knows where to score, etc.

But seriously, seriously, don't start smoking just to get close to a guy. Just, you know, if you're already a smoker yourself, it's something you have in common.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Am I allowed to start a discussion on this?
    No, don't thread jack, make a new thread.