I was talking to an old friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a couple of years since I moved to the US from Canada. Told him I'd be back "home" this summer for a visit and we would have to hang out then. Looked em up on facebook and he seems to have a real nice life carved out for him, baby on the way, good looking loving wife, great carrier and big expensive looking house...

Ever since I moved to the US 2.5 years ago, and to San Francisco just over a year ago, I feel like I've actually gone backwards rather than forwards. At first I told myself it was because it is a lot more expensive to live here but that I had to do it if I was going to make ANY of my dreams come true. So far I've been dream chasing, pursuing and working really hard toward them but still after 2.5 years NOTHING has manifested.

Few months back I had two move out of my 2 bedroom, one roommate, place and into what amounts to a frat house with 3 other guys who are basically over grown teenagers who play video games 24/7 and keep having trampy girls shack up with them. I find myself playing mother hen around here cleaning up the place every other day just trying to make the place look like human beings live here... I could NEVER invite a date back to this place.

My family looks at me like I'm doing the right thing overall. My mother says I've gone to far and learned to much to ever be happy going back home. That I would "shrivel up" if I ever moved back to our quaint town in Canada.

I'm 27 and have lived "better" than I am currently... These days I wake up feeling 19 again listening to my roommates play call of duty all night and having pot dealers come RIGHT to the house. Not to mention I'm the only one here who cleans and has ANY ability to actually hit the toilet if you know what I mean...