+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused, need your opinion

Confused, need your opinion

I'm 26, I have a 9-year old son. His father and I have had a very rocky relationship when we were starting. I got pregnant when I was 16, we were just 10months in the relationship back then. From that time until now, he has had several affairs with other women, but I always accept him whenever he comes back to me. We did not get married but after 6years we decided to live together. We stayed at my parents' house until now. I wanted us to get married and become independent, because I know we're already a burden to my parents as they are the ones who are "feeding" us. But he just keeps on promising me that. Aside from that, we literally switched roles. He doesn't have a regular job, he does the household chores, he takes care of our son. I, on the other hand, shouldered our expenses, like the tuition fee of my son. I tried to convince him to get a college degree so that he can find a stable job, but he also keeps on promising that he will do that. I can't see any effort coming from him.
    The thing is, I'm kinda fed up with our situation and seem to have lost all my respect for him. Then I met a guy, we constantly communicate but we never had the chance to meet personally. I know we were falling in love with each other, and are planning to meet a few months from now. Then my boyfriend learned about this. Now the problem is, he is asking me to choose between him and this guy. The new guy told me, that maybe, I should just give my boyfroend one last chance, for the sake of my son, coz he knows how hard it is to grow up in a broken family. He said that he's just there in case this chance fails again. Because of what he said, I fell more in love with him. Now I'm not sure of what im going to do.

you have not meet the guy in real life before... don't trust him so much..
    remember how you meet your current boyfriend?

are you going to break this family up just because of your wonderful experience with this new guy who you never meet before?
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Why does the grass always looks greener on the other side? This is another great example of how to cling onto someone you vaguely know and you want to sacrefice your family for. I think he feels fine for beeing the one doing all the household work and doesn't seem to be that bothered to find a job.

If you don't like the situation you're in, just be like any woman is and give him an ultimatum. The new guy won't probably make you happy either, you're just looking for something new...

Thanks for the insights, kinda made me think things over. =)